Broken slide out torn floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken slide out torn floor

I bought a brand new solitude 378mbs-r. I brought it home and opened it the next morning and there was a 3/8” thick x 2” long rod laying there with a broken weld on each end. The floor is also torn and looks bad. The damage is on the rear from the theater seating slide out. Considering I haven’t even used this camper yet and it broke just on the way home makes me regret buying it. I spend $100k and have to bring it back to the dealer. I’ve looked for something broken and can’t see where the chunk of steel is from. Anyone have any ideas?

Dang - Sorry Hman. My first guess is that is a piece of metal that came out of one of the furniture pieces. The good news is that I've seen flooring torn like this in the past, and as long as the person doing the repair is competent, it will look as good as new.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks I checked the theater seating it looked good. I never thought to check the couch with the pull out bed.

Comment

Found the problem. It was a brace from the pull out couch. It must of fell out on the way home from the dealer because the first time I open the slides when I got home it was there with a torn floor. Now I bring it to the dealer and wait forever for it to get fixed or just weld it back together and have someone come fix the floor at home.

Comment

That’s unfortunate it happened, but is it the slide out floor or main floor? I would enjoy it this summer make an appointment to have it done at dealer when you are done for season. In my main floor area the factory had to remove all of the furniture, cabinets including the slides as the floor goes in as one piece UNDER the cabinets. It was a big deal but if in the slide should be simple to replace that piece.
          Vivian
          2018 Reflection 303rls
          Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
          Demco Recon

Comment

It’s in the main floor.

Comment

Working...
            X