Schwintec Slide sticking out at the bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwintec Slide sticking out at the bottom

We have a 2019 Imagine 2500RL purchased from the original owner. The slide works great and has no leaks but when it is retracted, the slide sticks out at the bottom about an 1.5 inches while the top is tight against the side of the TT. It does not bind or move unevenly when extending or retracting the slide.
    I searched this forum and online and can not find a similar issue posted. Every other issue I found has to do with one side or the other binding or sticking.
    Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Originally posted by 7wtp View Post
    We have a 2019 Imagine 2500RL purchased from the original owner. The slide works great and has no leaks but when it is retracted, the slide sticks out at the bottom about an 1.5 inches while the top is tight against the side of the TT. It does not bind or move unevenly when extending or retracting the slide.
    I searched this forum and online and can not find a similar issue posted. Every other issue I found has to do with one side or the other binding or sticking.
    My '19 315RLTS bedroom slide has the same issue. Since everything works, I haven't messed with it.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Mine is the same way but only sticks out about 1". I've never had any issues with it, no leaks, etc. GD said it's within specs.
      2020 Reflection 273MK
      2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

The top and the bottom of the slide are driven by a common shaft through a gear at the top and a gear at the bottom. Each side of the slide is driven by a different motor. Synchronizing these motors side-to-side is relatively easy. The issue that you have is that the gears at the top are a few teeth ahead of the gears at the bottom. Fixing this requires removing the entire mechanism from each side of the slide and properly synchronizing the upper and lower tracks. This is a complex job and definitely in the "if it ain't broke don't try to fix it" category.

If my understanding described above is correct, a similar top-to-bottom difference should also exist when the slide is fully out.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
          This is a complex job and definitely in the "if it ain't broke don't try to fix it" category.
          Rob
          The exact reason I've never tried to fix mine. I think only if there were enough space at the vertical seals where water could enter would there be an indication for the extensive repair.

I have noticed that even the slight protrusion (causing a tilt in the slide) of the bottom of my slide causes enough tilt that when in the retracted position, the inside edge of the slide rests on the trailer's floor. So far I've noticed no marks on the vinyl flooring. If this happens I'd use the plastic runners as opposed to trying to correct the slide.
          2020 Reflection 273MK
          2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Thanks Howard!
            And thank you all for the feedback.

I had assumed the issue was the lower rails being off a couple "teeth" from the uppers; just thought I would check to see if there was anything I may have missed.

And I agree; while being fully capable- of fixing this issue, as long as it is not causing any problem, I am not going to fix what isn't broken.

Thanks again,
            Gordon

Comment

We have a 2020 Imagine 2500RL. The bottom of my slide sticks out about that much also. This I was told was normal. We have had to have our slide adjusted, side to side, but the bottom sticking out has never caused a problem. We have been through some hellacious storms and it has never leaked.

Comment

Ditto here on a '22 2400BH...it just drives my OCD a little nuts, which is about all
                Bob-O
                Imagine 2400BH | Champion 4650 Dual Fuel Generator | Solar Package | 200ah EnduroPower Lithium
                2020 Ram 1500 Laramie | 5.7L w/eTorque | S&B CAI | 3.92 Axle | 6'4" Box | 4x4 | 2" Mopar Lift | SnugTop
                Northern Colorado​

Comment

Does the top inside stop away from the inside wall when the slide is fully out? Would indicate that the slide mechanism rails are not installed square to the outside slide wall and inside slide box edge.
                  Ted
                  2021 Reflection 310RLS
                  2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
                  X