Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How/where to find part for Lippert slide-out

Hello all,

I have a Lippert slide system. The gear box has the following information on it:

LCI PN 168956
    12VDC, 30 amp
    Vendor # 001170

There are 2 sprockets inside. One is metal, the other is nylon/plastic. I need a replacement for the one that is nylon/plastic. Anyone know where I can find this part?

Thanks!
    Timmer
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS

Timmer

I have not seen any parts available for the through frame slide out motor, even on Lippert's site. I am guessing that you will need to get a whole new motor, unless you can find a gear somewhere in the universe that will fit.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Well I stand corrected. Did a little searching and found this Replacement Gear Set (lci1.com)​. You may want to call Lippert with your motor info and make sure that you will get the proper parts. This is a lot cheaper than motor replacement. Please let us know what you find out.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Amazon shows this for your 18:1 gear ratio:
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Ray from Love your RV had a good video on replacing the part. He does not recommend the metal one.

https://youtu.be/bK-iALpKnq4
          Vivian
          2018 Reflection 303rls
          Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
          Demco Recon

Comment

I'd take metal over plastic anytime. The grinding he mentions on retract would indicate something else is not right. The clutch is effectively the fuse to prevent overload. On mine the clutch always operates at full extension and sometimes on full retraction. Stop pushing the button after the slide stops tight.
            Ted
            2021 Reflection 310RLS
            2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
              Well I stand corrected. Did a little searching and found this Replacement Gear Set (lci1.com)​. You may want to call Lippert with your motor info and make sure that you will get the proper parts. This is a lot cheaper than motor replacement. Please let us know what you find out.

Brian
              Thanks! That does indeed look like my assembly. I only need the plastic part though. It still would be cheaper than bringing it to my dealer to get fixed!
              Timmer

Comment

How do I tell the gear ratio? Is it as easy as counting teeth on the smaller sprocket compared to the larger?
                Timmer

Comment

Yes, count the teeth for a gear to gear ratio. It's a little more involved in a drive train, multiple gears. Or count the rotations of one and resulting rotation of the other. Specifically the ratio of 18:1, for instance, means for every 18 revolutions of the input, motor shaft, there is one revolution of the output shaft.
                  Ted
                  2021 Reflection 310RLS
                  2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230710_200300_Chrome.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	116013
                    FWI for compound gear drive.
                    Ted
                    2021 Reflection 310RLS
                    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Just to close the thread. I was able to order a part through Lippert. It came in a 2 gear set (metal and plastic one). I didn't need both but it was the only option.
                      Timmer

Comment

Working...
                      X