Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen slide out mid-roller bolts stuck on each other

2019 Solitude 377MBS.

On the last few trips, our kitchen slide has been going out so the issues. About mid way out a clunk is heard. When the slide is all the way out, the top of the slide seems ok but the bottom is slightly off.

When looking near the floor, we notice the mid slide roller bolt is resting on top of the fixed floor roller bolt.

These two rollers seem so close together, I am confused how it should normally rest. Any ideas if this is just somehow a slide position adjustment or something more serious?

The rollers attached to the slide are normally placed well away from the rollers fastened to the floor. Unfortunately, to correct this by moving either the slide or fixed rollers is likely going to require removal of the slide. A job for a well equipped dealer or service facility. I would suggest contacting Grand Design Customer Service (info on our home page) with your pictures, to get their advice.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I would think so as well. When I check, they look like original locations. The grey roller is countersunk into the slide and the black is fixed to the floor. I my only though is that is was always very close but with a minor shift in slide alignment it pronounced itself. Anyone else with a 377mbs or similar to check there mid roller locations?

Comment

I wonder if you could reach in there with a hack saw and lop off the extra threads on the one roller, or remove the bolt and turn it around?

might need https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-...-220/100654917 or similar and place a piece of cardboard under the bolt to prevent damage to the floor.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thinking about this a little further . . . this is a 2019 build, so these roller bolts have been clearing each other (maybe by just a little bit) for some time. I wonder if the slide has shifted sideways in the opening? There is considerable side-to-side range of slide positioning. If the slide were adjusted 1/2" in the direction that separates the rollers from each other, this could solve the problem.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

It is a big, heavy slide. Do you think it is something a DIY person can do to adjust side to side? We are currently at a campground.

Comment

It might be as simple as pushing the slide to the opposite side while retracting. I have done this on our through frame electric slides.

Once retracted, do the same on deploy and then look under to see if there are any signs of shifting of the hardware components.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by bmpurdy View Post
                It is a big, heavy slide. Do you think it is something a DIY person can do to adjust side to side? We are currently at a campground.
                LCI (Lippert) has a lot of technical information on their website. I've never personally done a slide adjustment, but it doesn't look difficult.

Your Solitude likely has a hydraulic through frame. See https://support.lci1.com/through-fra...c-slide-system for all the documentation.

There's also the option to enroll in Lippert's Technical Institute and take their Through Frame Slide-Out course. https://lippert.learnupon.com/users/sign_in

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	268
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	119846

If all that seems too intimidating, a competent RV technician should be able to adjust the slide in short order.

Howard
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by bmpurdy View Post
                  I've adjusted big heavy slides for side to side movement many times. It usually takes me less than five minutes. Here's my approach.

1. run the slide out fully.
                  2. Loosen the bolts that hold the slide arms to allow horizontal movement (see photo below - left finger).
                  3. I the slide needs to move aft, use a hammer and tap the slide arm forward about 1/2".
                  4. Repeat step 3 on the other slide out arm.
                  5. Tighten all bolts and run the room in and out 2-3 times.
                  6. Repeat steps 1-5 again if further adjustment is needed.

Note. For step 3, reverse the instructions if the room needs to go forward.

Name:	RV-Slide-Adjustment.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	119850
                  Jim and Ginnie
                  2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                  GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                  GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

I've adjusted big heavy slides for side to side movement many times. It usually takes me less than five minutes. Here's my approach.

1. run the slide out fully.
                    2. Loosen the bolts that hold the slide arms to allow horizontal movement (see photo below - left finger).
                    3. I the slide needs to move aft, use a hammer and tap the slide arm forward about 1/2".
                    4. Repeat step 3 on the other slide out arm.
                    5. Tighten all bolts and run the room in and out 2-3 times.
                    6. Repeat steps 1-5 again if further adjustment is needed.

Note. For step 3, reverse the instructions if the room needs to go forward.

Name:	RV-Slide-Adjustment.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	119850
                    Thanks Jim,

I have a 2022 378MBS similar to the Ops and my den slide is very close to the kitchen wall, less that a 1/4" and I am worried that the trim is going to drag on the wall at some point and damage it. Been thinking of making this adjustment but concerned how to do it. Now I know and seems very easy and will go ahead and do it. I did also check slide opening clearances and the slide it a bit to the low clearance wall side so now all good to go.

Rob
                    Rob & Barb
                    2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
                    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Working...
                    X