Slide Out manual override Momentum 351-MR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide Out manual override Momentum 351-MR

We had the rear tire (street side) blow on our GD Momentum 351M-R toy hauler. It caused extensive damage to the skirt, rear stabilizer and hydraulic lines. The lines were blown off and when we opened our slides to remove items from the rig, they wouldn’t retract because apparently those lines are the lines for the slide hydraulics. The sales team where we purchased it actually didn’t know what they were talking about during the walk around when they explained how to manually retract the slides. The hole and crank they showed us are actually for the spare tire release (as we found out). Our manuals also don’t explain our slides and we now don’t know how to manually retract the slides. Does anyone know how we do this? I can’t find any information online, YouTube , forums or otherwise that explains this process for our particular rig. I guess I’m the first to have slide issues on a Momentum M-Class or no one has posted information that can be easily found.

I do not have hydraulic slides, but documented on the forum somewhere is a discussion on the valves that control pretty much everything. They are usually in the front bay on a 5er and you may have to play with the settings to figure out which one controls the slides, but opening the valve will allow you to MANUALLY push the slide in. If it's at a service center, they could potentially pinch off the one hose that is damaged (it's getting replaced anyway) and use air pressure instead of hydraulic pressure to retract the slide while holding the retract button.

The key is you have to get the extend side valve to OPEN so you can push the fluid back to the tank.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Operating the "retract" button while pushing the slide in is the only way to manually do this, unless you remove all of the hydraulic lines to the cylinder. This is a closed system so when a cylinder comes in the fluid moves from one side to the other of the piston, and in the path of least resistance.

Hope you can get this sorted out, sorry for your troubles.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I'm not clear on which lines blew off during the blowout, the stabilizer or the rams for the slide? I suspect the stabilizer, so as long as the valve for the stabilizer was not opened after the blowout, hydraulic oil lost should be a minimum. Still, check the reservoir and make sure there is plenty of oil.

When the slide was opened, was there any unusual movement or noise from the slide? When attempting to close, doe the pump operate at all? Does the pump trip out? If may be possible that the blowout damaged the rear rail or the rail connections and it is now binding when attempting to close.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
        X