Need Help with Missing Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with Missing Trim

Click image for larger version  Name:	RV Slide Missing Parts 5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.5 KB ID:	129814Click image for larger version  Name:	RV Slide Missing Parts 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.6 KB ID:	129816 Click image for larger version  Name:	RV Slide Missing Parts 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.6 KB ID:	129817 Click image for larger version  Name:	RV Slide Missing Parts 4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.5 KB ID:	129815

I hope that someone will respond to this post. I have a 2021 Grand Design Reflection 150 Series 260RD. When looking at the walls beside the slide out, there are several holes and I can see daylight. On one side the brackets are missing. Also, I think there should be some rubber strap going from the wall over the slide area. I am providing pics.

Can someone take pics of what should be there. Thank you
    Dennis and Ji
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 150 260RD
    2024 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4X4

fletcher6531 - Welcome to the forum. I have moved your post to it's own thread to give it more visibility.

Jim - Moderator
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

fletcher6531 - Are you the original purchaser of this unit? It looks like all the trim was removed to work on the slide and not replaced? If you're the original purchaser, who did the work?

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

fletcher6531

I don't think there's trim missing. I know that's not how it appears...give me a minute or two and I'll have pics to show what I mean.

Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I agree with Howard, there is no trim there.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

fletcher6531
            I have a 315RLTS with a bedroom Schwintek--obviously different from your 260RD with the living room Schwintek-- but maybe the pics below will help?

This is the view of the slide similar to what's in your post. Note there's no trim.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-05 152750.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	129827

Now with the slide all the way in. (Could the holes be from nails sticking out from the trim installed on inward most side of the slide?)

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-05 152641.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	129824

Are the "Z" clips still installed? It looks like they are there, but hard to tell for sure from the pics in your post. Below are closeups of what I'm referencing.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-05 152721.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	129828

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-05 152703.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	129826

Unfortunately the problem you're seeing may be more than the first impression. It pains me to share this link, but read https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ide-wall-issue for more information.

Howard
            Attached Files
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

It almost appears as if they tried to re align the in wall slide system or the clips missed the bracing points and were moved until they found a good support point.

Light passing through, is that when it's extended or retracted fully. Either way it should have some type of chemical (silicone) sealant to prevent leaks when the slide is open since the light gap is between the track and the wall itself.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

I think the z-clips have been removed and the wire to the motor, which is at the top, has been moved, somewhere but I do not know where or why it was moved. Does the slide operate?

Howard has he pics of what it should look like. I am guessing that you purchased this unit used?

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I appreciate all the help. I am the second owner and the dealership in Georgia had to repair the slide because it was not going in evenly. They replaced all the motors and slides on both sides.

I will get back in touch with them to see where the parts are.

It is working great right now, but doesn't look like the pictures provided.

Thank you
                  Dennis and Ji

Comment

Sounds like they pulled the slide (may have been required to change the motors and some other parts) and did not put the clips and wire retainers back in the same holes.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Spoke to the Dealership and they told me that the Rubber seal on the inside and the clips were not there before they started the work on the slide.

Does anyone know where I can get the rubber seals and Z-clips for the inside wall of the slide. I have looked everywhere on the net.

Thanks for all the replies, I am new to this.

Dennis
                      Dennis and Ji

Comment

Originally posted by fletcher6531 View Post
                        Spoke to the Dealership and they told me that the Rubber seal on the inside and the clips were not there before they started the work on the slide.

Does anyone know where I can get the rubber seals and Z-clips for the inside wall of the slide. I have looked everywhere on the net.

Thanks for all the replies, I am new to this.

Dennis
                        Dennis,
                        Due to this forum's rule set I can't write what I'm thinking, but I'd report this dealership's "workmanship" to GD Customer Service. Their "quality" is, to put it politely, lacking. GDCS's number is 574-825-9679.

In addition, ask GD how you can get the required parts. A competent, experienced RV technician will likely be required to install the slide correctly.

Finally, if not done already, you'll want to register your Imagine with them (so you're contacted if there's recalls, etc). See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...of-a-used-unit for more information on this topic.

Howard

Howard & Francine

Comment

Working...
                        X