Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threw Frame Slide - Moving to Rear during Travel

2020 Reflection 303. - Passenger Side Slide

when traveling this slide room is shifting toward the rear of the camper about 1/2 inch. Once we extend the slide about 75% of the way, I can shove the slide room back towards the front of the camper so that the slide room is centered in the opening.

The arms that extend the room are generally centered in the frame boxes.

Anyone had anything similar happen? Any ideas as to what is going on?

howson as requested.
    Mike & Linda Lambert & Pupper Shady
    2020 Reflection 303 RLS
    2020 GMC 3500 SRW

Perhaps the slide is not closing tight enough to hold it in place. Adjust the slide to close tighter.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Maybe the slide needs adjusted 1/2" forward?

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

There should be 4 bolts. 2 under each arm. Check for tightness or loosen and adjust slide then tighten. Mine were just barely snug.
        2018 337RLS
        720w solar, 100/50 scc 1500w psw 2 battleborn
        disc brakes, ems

Comment

I have a 2018 303rls and have had issues with the adjustment of this slide. Never had the room move horizontally while traveling. But I have learned that it is possible to adjust these slides easily, Lippert has lots of videos on how to do this yourself. Here is the video on how to adjust horizontally which does not show how hard it is to actually move the slide once bolts are loose. So it is probably that while you are traveling the bolts have loosened and when going over bumps, etc the box shifts back. Once I do my adjustments I take a white sharpie and mark the bolt heads to see if any movement after awhile.

https://youtu.be/K5tK1fuw-jM?si=Vu7IKkZzMuoGvhG5
          Vivian
          2018 Reflection 303rls
          Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
          Demco Recon

Comment

Originally posted by ShadyCamper View Post
            2020 Reflection 303. - Passenger Side Slide

when traveling this slide room is shifting toward the rear of the camper about 1/2 inch. Once we extend the slide about 75% of the way, I can shove the slide room back towards the front of the camper so that the slide room is centered in the opening.

The arms that extend the room are generally centered in the frame boxes.

Anyone had anything similar happen? Any ideas as to what is going on?

howson as requested.
            Hello back at ya, fellow Waco Rally Attender! I see a few members have already responded (which is great!).

This is the thread I was thinking about: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...pur-gear-teeth Cate&Rob has a 303RLS, too. Thru-frame slides are not unique on any given model, but Rob may also have some insight into what you're dealing with on yours.

The Lippert documentation on the slide is here: https://support.lci1.com/through-fra...c-slide-system (Don't worry about the different sizes of electric slides--whether 2x2 or 2x3 or whatever the maintenance process is the same.)

The Lippert Technical Institute is here: https://lippert.learnupon.com/users/sign_in I suggest creating an account and take the Through Frame Slideout Course.

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	73
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	131623
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

ShadyCamper howson

The curbside slide runs on a different system than typical "through frame" driven slides. It moves across a plastic slide strip rather than rollers, to keep it as low to the main floor as possible. It is driven by an electric actuator towards the aft end of the slide and the spur gears and racks keep both ends of the slide moving together (or at least . . . they are supposed to.) Typically this slide wants to "walk" towards the front of the trailer. This is because the aft end (closest to the actuator) starts to move first. This twists the slide slightly towards the front when pushing it out and also when pulling it back in.

Your slide is moving in the opposite direction . . . which is curious. As the slide starts to move out, watch the mechanism from underneath. The actuator will move first. This will start to twist the spur gear on the aft rail which should should then move the spur gear on the forward rail at almost the same time. Watch the attachments to the slide box at the outer end of the rails for any relative movement. (there should not be any).

Beyond this, watching the video links previously posted will help you with how to adjust your slide mechanism . . . if need be.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
              X