303rls living room slide stuck in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 303rls living room slide stuck in

Hello, I have 2021 303rls, dinning room slide is stuck in the closed position, tried to manually move with the wrench supplied and will not budge, looking for some suggestions.
    just a fyi I just left the Grand Design central Florida rally 2hrs ago and had no problem closing slide now it will not open. Just clicks.

Make sure nothing has fallen blocking the slide. The clicking is the drive clutch.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I have checked everything inside haven’t pulled the corplast, I tried to move the manual assy and it seems like it pulled it in to tight, can’t turn the manual screw assy either way. Could I loosen the adjustment nuts and stop to take pressure off slide assembly?

Comment

Originally posted by Hideout #2 View Post
        I have checked everything inside haven’t pulled the corplast, I tried to move the manual assy and it seems like it pulled it in to tight, can’t turn the manual screw assy either way. Could I loosen the adjustment nuts and stop to take pressure off slide assembly?
        You're turning the manual assy on the opposite side of the trailer from the stuck slide, right? (You wouldn't be the first to make this mistake.)

Assuming you're trying to turn the correct manual assy, if it won't move in either direction the clutch mechanism may be jammed. I doubt loosening the adjustment nuts will do anything. If you try it, make sure and mark the starting points (and take a lot of pictures) so you can return everything to where you found it.

FYI there's also a manual override right on the motor / clutch assy. I'd try that first before messing with the adjustment nuts. Obviously this is currently hidden under the coroplast.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-21 140304.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	132473
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X