Slide Outs not flush with interior wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide Outs not flush with interior wall

I have a 2021 380-FLR and put my slides out this weekend, noticed I could put my finger between the interior wall and the slide out inside - unsure if the slides outs should be flush with the interior wall or if this gap should normal. The slides were aligned properly last fall when winterized and I let the slide outs run through the end of the process, did not stop early.

Hello neeber73, welcome to the forum!

Is that a Schwintek slideout or a through frame? From your comment about not stopping it in the middle I assume its a Schwintek. If so, is the gap the same at the top and bottom on that side? If its making contact at the bottom but not at the top, then I suspect the Schwintek mechanism has gotten "out of time", and needs to be serviced. Its not for the faint of heart, I have seen the SRT guys do it a few times, and required removal of the mechanism on that side and rebuilding or replacing it. Basically there is a gear that rides on the track you see on the side of the slide room and the top one has jumped a few teeth from the bottom to allow the bottom to make contact before the top does.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

If the bulb seal is squished, technical term, then it should be fine. I think our schwintek slides have a similar gap.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
      X