2021 Solitude 390RK-R Kitchen slide issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Solitude 390RK-R Kitchen slide issue

I have a problem with both kitchen slides. The gib rivets are broken on both kitchen slides at the bottom. The oven side also has some screws on the outside of the slide frame that are broken also. Is this covered by any warranties or TSB's? Also, what needs to be done to fix this issue? We live in it full-time and didn;t know if this was something a mobile tech could fix or if it has to be taken in to a dealer to be fixed. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ronald Nelson
    2021 Solitude 390RK-R

Originally posted by ronnienelson View Post
    I have a problem with both kitchen slides. The gib rivets are broken on both kitchen slides at the bottom. The oven side also has some screws on the outside of the slide frame that are broken also. Is this covered by any warranties or TSB's? Also, what needs to be done to fix this issue? We live in it full-time and didn;t know if this was something a mobile tech could fix or if it has to be taken in to a dealer to be fixed. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ronald Nelson
    2021 Solitude 390RK-R
    Definitely reach out to Grand Design Customer Service (this forum is a collection of owners like yourself) and see what they say. I believe there were a number of TSB for those units. Their number is on a "business card" on our main page.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

By your reference to gib rivets I’m guessing this is a schwintek slide out. I had this exact thing happen on my previous trailer. I was out of warranty. I had the dealer replace the slide out frame. Not a big big deal. Ordered the frame. I dropped it off and picked it up that afternoon. The slide isn’t removed or anything. Think it cost me $1200. Hopefully GD can help out with that in your case. They break due to stress from the road or misaligned slide.
      2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Working...
      X