Order of through frame slide adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order of through frame slide adjustments

I watched the Lippert through frame slide video numerous times. I get how the adjustments work, but fuzzy on the results. I've a got a 310GK, with through frame hydraulic main slides. When extended they should be flush with the floor and uniformly against the wall. My Kitchen slide works this way. The dinette slide doesn't get flush. It's close but not quite there. There's a good bulge in the floor there since it's not down flush. It bothers me. Also looking at the four corners of the slide when extended, the top corners are flush with the wall while the bottom corners have some gap of about an inch or more. I think it's just missing the seals at the bottom as I can see them behind the trim. More so on the right(rear lower corner) than the left.

I've adjusted it out just slightly and that helped some. But don't want to go further with that putting stress on the facia and wall at the top. Should my next step be a small vertical adjustment upwards on each end to effectively bring the top of the slide facia away from the wall a little and then adjust the extension out a hair allowing it to sit evenly against the wall and the floor to fall in all the way?

Let me know if I'm looking at this all wrong, or if I should just leave it be. No water gets in open or closed. Retracted everything looks great and I don't want to mess that up. That's really more critical. Another concern is if I raise the slide a little will it then hit the floor harder on the way in. It already leaves black marks are the floor when it's retracted near the entry door. They're superficial as I can clean them, but don't want any real damage. Its the whole "each action has an opposite reaction" that has me being cautious with this.

I did inquire with the dealership on this, and they weren't too interested. Said it was fine as is.
    2024 Solitude 310GK

I haven't adjusted my 310 yet. But I get the black marks in the exact same spot. And yes, they do clean up. I agree that several small adjustments are probably more warranted than one big adjustment.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Boxer1200 View Post
      Should my next step be a small vertical adjustment upwards on each end to effectively bring the top of the slide facia away from the wall a little and then adjust the extension out a hair allowing it to sit evenly against the wall and the floor to fall in all the way?
      My knowledge in this area is theoretical -- never actually done it myself. The purpose of this post is to tag colan . I'm hoping he checks in on occasion and will provide some insight as there's little doubt he's adjusted many slides.

I am curious about why a seal is suspected of being missing. This situation should be really obvious and require correction ASAP.

If you'll take pictures and show the area of concern it may help us provide a more detailed response.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

My knowledge in this area is theoretical -- never actually done it myself. The purpose of this post is to tag colan . I'm hoping he checks in on occasion and will provide some insight as there's little doubt he's adjusted many slides.

I am curious about why a seal is suspected of being missing. This situation should be really obvious and require correction ASAP.

If you'll take pictures and show the area of concern it may help us provide a more detailed response.

Howard
        I shouldn’t have used the phrase “missing the seals”. Let’s call that not quite making full contact to compress the seals at the bottom.
        2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Originally posted by Boxer1200 View Post

I shouldn’t have used the phrase “missing the seals”. Let’s call that not quite making full contact to compress the seals at the bottom.
          Ah, I understand. I believe the "D" seal should be compressed 50% all the way around with a perfectly aligned slideout.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X