Slide hits at the top before the bottom when closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide hits at the top before the bottom when closing

My question: The slide comes in a little tilted so the top of the slide contacts the exterior wall before the bottom when closing. Is this ok? How much is ok?
    When the top hits first while closing, the bottom is still some 2½" from the wall.
    For the photo, I stopped it when the top touched, if I had continued all the way in, the slide would look flat to the wall.

From the inside, when the top hits it stops moving and the bottom continues moving in and up until it's maxed out. When moving up, everything flexes.... walls, booth dinette... I feel like it's putting a lot of strain on stuff which is what brings up the question.

There are no leaks that I've noticed either with the slide fully in or fully out.
    (this is the dinette/couch slide, I think it's the Lippert through frame system)

Interestingly, when the slide closes the same thing happens... the top bumps first and then the bottom pulls in and up until it stops.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rear.jpg
Views:	909
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	66442
    Scott.n.Tira are from Vegas.
    2021 GD 2670MK
    2012 F250 LB 4wd 6.2

I think that this is typical for the thru frame slide, ours does this to some degree but I have not really measured it or stopped to look at it like this. I have noticed when going out and in that it does tend to rock. There are rollers under the slide that are close to the exterior so when the weight gets over center past the rollers there usually is a little tilting going on.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

My through frame slide does that, too. It has the theater seats and refrigerator. Runs opposite when it goes out. Bottom first, then top. It seems to seal well when in or out.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Mine too. Theater/dinette street-side slideout. It flexes quite a bit on the way out. I watch the "box" contort from the inside LoL. But it seems to be normal and there are no adverse affects or leaks.
        John & Susan
        2019 Ford F-250 CCSB
        2022 Reflection 297RSTS

Comment

I believe that is the way they are intended to operate. There is room for movement so, when the slide is going out, it is heavy on the inboard side, and the top is tipped into the inside portion of the trailer. Once it reaches the center point, it becomes heavier on the outside portion, so it tips out at the top. Conversely, when it starts coming in, it is heavy on the outside half, so it stays tilted out at the top. Once it reaches the mid-point, it tips in at the top and it is supported on the rollers. The last few inches in both directions snugs everything up into either the extended or retracted position.
          Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
          Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
          2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
          Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
          Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Got it, thanks everyone.
            2021 GD 2670MK
            2012 F250 LB 4wd 6.2

Comment

Lippert has many videos on how to adjust your through frame slide. You can also email them or call with pictures so they can advise. I personally don’t think that much gap at bottom is normal.

https://support.lci1.com/through-fra...c-slide-system
              Vivian
              2018 Reflection 303rls
              Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
              Demco Recon

Comment

Scott.n.Tira We did one of the walk around @ a rally. They said that 2 1/2” is what you should have at the bottom when the top is touching. Also make sure the slides are centered in the opening. Grand Design covered it as part of maintenance.
                2022 Momentum 397THS-R 12/3/2021
                Traded 2021 Reflection 337
                2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW
                Formerly M&K337

Comment

Thanks for the update, M&K. That was the consensus so I planned to ignore it for now, I'm glad to hear it's not just 'ok', but normal.
                  2021 GD 2670MK
                  2012 F250 LB 4wd 6.2

Comment

Working...
                  X