Slide - Poor design/system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JHC View Post
    Question to the experts: Do you run your slide out before you set the stabilizer's? My 22mle Schwintec slide was finally fixed at the dealer several weeks ago. 3rd time in for the slide not working. The slide was out of spec from the factory so they reset the rails, etc. When I checked it out at the dealer, it was set up and the slide worked very well. No stabilizers deployed. Brought the trailer home and ran the slide out/in and worked fine. Set the stabilizers. Just yesterday, I went to run the slide out and she was bound up. Needless to say I left the dealer a voicemail. I went out this morning to get it ready to take it to the dealer. I raised the stabilizers and went inside to pull the awning in and decided to see if the slide would work. And it did! So I am guessing I shouldn't set the stabilizers until after I run the slide out? Thoughts? It would seem I shouldn't but I am concerned when we take it on a trip, the slide may bind up again. Really not happy with GD and Schwintek.
    Yes. The reason is our large slide on the 2600RB will settle the slide side suspension by about 1/2 inch when extended which could stress the stabilizers had they been extended first. So I use the Level Mate Pro to level side to side at about 1/2 inch high on the slide side. Extend the slide which will then level the rig, then I will drop the stabilizers to steady the rig.

I've tried the standard method of leveling first followed by setting the stabilizers then extending the slide and gave up on that approach. We had the door scraping from too much stress on one stabilizer one time so yes the stabilizer can apply too much force to the frame.

Jim

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.
      John and Lori
      2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
      2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

Working...
      X