No announcement yet.

Slideout out stops extending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally got resolution on my Schwintek slide after 9 months of not being able to use my 2021 Imagine 2970RL. Just got my unit back from Holiday World in Katy, TX after they had it for 10 weeks. Got an appointment scheduled back in August of 2021 for February 8, 2022 (got it back April 27, 2022) Got nowhere with Holiday World- would not return my calls- rarely ever got to speak to a human being. Only got calls back when leaving a voicemail for the service manager. Was told that my slide was “out of camber” and they didn’t know how to fix it.

After calling and calling Grand Design customer service since they had created a ticket for it back in July of 2021 while it was still under warranty - I finally talked to Nate in GD customer service (after speaking with 2 other customer service reps who offered no help in getting resolution). Nate took ownership of my issue and got dealer relations for Grand Design involved and GD then scheduled a factory tech to come to Holiday World (took 2 weeks to get someone down here), but the nameless GD factory tech had me fixed up in less than a day (this past Monday). I am told they had to cut down the slide in some way..

Purchased on 10/24/2020, had the problem in July of 2021 and was unable to use the RV until now (down for 9 months) since the Schwintek slide is the kitchen side in a 2970RL. If I ever buy another RV with any type of slide, I will be much more careful in the pre-delivery inspection since Grand Design’s quality control seems to be less than great (at least during Covid). I have to say it took quite a while, but happy that Grand Design finally took care of us. I am really appreciative of Nate in Grand Design customer service who repeatedly responded to my Emails and phone calls and even gave me his direct number and got this manufacturing defect resolved.
    Eddie & Kathy
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2019 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L
    Houston, TX

Comment

Thats great it got fix

Comment

Working...
      X