No announcement yet.

Main Hydraulic slides won't retract 2021 397th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dwayne -- very cool, I learned something. I've only seen one of these boards in person once (and only briefly) so I didn't realize those could be removed.

I agree with Jlawles2 -- they are most likely similar to, or are, self-resetting circuit breakers.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

As requested here is the follow up now that the issue is fixed. Hugh shout out to Lippert Customer Service. 432-547-7378.
      It is refreshing to know that there is a company that still has customer service and stands behind their products. One where you can pick up the phone and talk to a person that knows the product and can help.

Now to the solution. I was told it is very rare for just one component on the Unity board to lose communication. it might be caused by a voltage spike...
      I provided the drawing to the Lippert and he walked me thru reprograming the One Control to communicate with the Main Slide.

In my excitement over the call to Lippert I forgot to mention the help from Grand Design. I needed to get the actual manufacturers wiring connection to the Unity board to help the Lippert technician walk me through reprograming the main slide. Grand Design had a big part in this as well. Echo my words from above. It is nice to be able to call a company and talk to a person that knows the product and can help the customer.

I have to admit it was a stressful several days as this happened on the weekend and was my first time working thru an issue with our new rig!!

Also, thank you all who chimed in to try to help me find a solution!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Dwayne

First--for any reader of this thread in the future--the only board that can be reprogrammed by the user through the OCTP is the Unity x4 board that is exclusively on the larger Momentum 5vrs. None of the other Unity boards have this capability--the firmware is "hard wired" at Lippert per GD's specifications.

What strikes me after reading the summary is how the manual activation works. If there's a board failure (or "dropping" the programming as seems to be this case) there's no way to actuate the slides other than using the drill method on the hydraulic cylinder actuators. In other words, the manual switch input to the X4 board is only helpful if there's an OCTP or CANBUS failure.

Thanks for the insightful and comprehensive follow-up.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

You are correct. The switches under the cabinet are just there for easy access. the signal still has to process thru the Unity x4 board. The advantage is accessibility to the slides, awnings, and kitchen light.

Comment

Working...
          X