Another Schwintek Issue - ‘22 2400BH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Schwintek Issue - ‘22 2400BH

Hello All, I’m looking for some helping in diagnosing the issue. I just bought this brand new from the dealer, used it once and now the slide closest to the bathroom won’t slide out. I tried calling the dealer along with 4 or 5 other dealers around and they are scheduling 3-5 months out. Mobile RV techs in the area are scheduling a month out. ( All in the Phoenix area ).

So, because I don’t want to lose the summer camping season, I’m looking to try and do what I can ( within reason ) to fix this myself with the help of you all.

Here’s the scoop on it. It’s stuck in. When I push the out button, the motors engage and they both move about 3-5 inches but then the “inner” part of the slide ( closest to the bathroom ) stops and then the farthest slide keeps going until it binds itself up and stops.

Here’s what I’ve done so far. First I swapped the plugs around on the controller, just to see if the problem would move to the other side, it did not. Then I ordered a cable just so I could use my own cable to make sure it wasn’t the cable itself, didn’t change anything. Then I took the motor out and applied power to it independently and it works fine. I then reinstalled the motor and it all does the same thing.

As well, I tried syncing the motors that didn’t work. I also learned that because it’s the “inner” side I can push on the slide while holding the Out button. If I push hard enough ( pretty hard ) then it will go out. And if it is out, it comes in just fine without issue.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Tymeks45; 06-05-2022, 10:45 AM.
    Chad
    Tow Vehicle = 2020 Ram 1500 ( Payload = 1487lbs )
    TT = 2400BH

Tymeks45 -- welcome to the forum. Wish it was under better circumstances. Please fill out your sig line as outlined in the Welcome Letter. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Excellent initial troubleshooting and though my .02 is worth just that, congrats on following a logical progression.

Based on what you've done already it reads like there's debris in the track or there's an installation (mechanical) issue. Since it comes in fine, the debris diagnosis doesn't make sense, so based on the age of the unit the issue (again) reads like an installation issue.

First thing I recommend that you check is the distance from the gear track to the outside edge of the column as shown on page 9 of the Schwintek In-Wall Slideout Troubleshooting and Service Manual. It's on the lci1.com website here (under the manuals tab): https://support.lci1.com/in-wall-slide-out . Measure the distances as outlined in step 1 of the Measurements paragraph. Document what you find and we'll go from there.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

In addition to what Howard is suggesting, you may want to check to see if there is anything under the slide that is binding. Carpet or other items may have become dislodged and trapped between the slide and the wall. Also check for any rollers and ensure they roll freely if possible, you may need to have someone move the slide while watching the rollers (if they are there).
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
        Tymeks45 -- welcome to the forum. Wish it was under better circumstances. Please fill out your sig line as outlined in the Welcome Letter. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Excellent initial troubleshooting and though my .02 is worth just that, congrats on following a logical progression.

Based on what you've done already it reads like there's debris in the track or there's an installation (mechanical) issue. Since it comes in fine, the debris diagnosis doesn't make sense, so based on the age of the unit the issue (again) reads like an installation issue.

First thing I recommend that you check is the distance from the gear track to the outside edge of the column as shown on page 9 of the Schwintek In-Wall Slideout Troubleshooting and Service Manual. It's on the lci1.com website here (under the manuals tab): https://support.lci1.com/in-wall-slide-out . Measure the distances as outlined in step 1 of the Measurements paragraph. Document what you find and we'll go from there.

Howard
        I’ll work on that today and will report back.
        Chad
        TT = 2400BH

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
          In addition to what Howard is suggesting, you may want to check to see if there is anything under the slide that is binding. Carpet or other items may have become dislodged and trapped between the slide and the wall. Also check for any rollers and ensure they roll freely if possible, you may need to have someone move the slide while watching the rollers (if they are there).
          Thats a good idea and honestly didn’t think of it, lol.

I took a few videos but doesn’t appear I have permission to post videos yet. Any thoughts on how I can get videos on here?
          Chad
          TT = 2400BH

Comment

Not sure how to post videos here , but I did post the videos on Facebook here >

https://www.facebook.com/10000061790...6784704851090/

Take a look if you can. The controller does some weird stuff when I try and push it in or out ( doesn’t throw codes though )

As well, are the bottom rollers supposed to spin freely? ( Doesn’t seem correct to me ) Video of that is posted on Facebook there
            Chad
            TT = 2400BH

Comment

Cannot see the video on facebook. Looks like it's only shared with your friends possibly.

Bottom rollers should roll freely (if the slide is on them, you probably cannot roll them by hand) you may need to have someone run the slide while watching the rollers. You could possibly use the phone app if the trailer is equipped with one control.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Chad I had the exact same issue with our new ‘22 Imagine 23LDE. The slide out worked ok at the dealer during delivery. I found the front rubber gasket was being pulled into the gear and track. I trimmed a very small piece off of the gasket just the width of the track. This seemed to let the slide travel but still not as freely as the rear of the slide. Long story short. Biggest problem was the outlet I was using to power the trailer. I was using an adapter plugged into a wall outlet in the garage without a surge protector. (Had not arrived yet) When I plugged the surge protector into the adapter the surge protector indicated reverse polarity. I’ve been using that outlet for 20 years with no problems. I moved the adapter and surge protector to another outlet that’s is at my breaker panel. Everything there checked out ok. The slide out now works perfect even sound better. We’ve used the trailer on a couple of trips already with no problems. Just my experience. Hope you find the solution.
                Collin
                2022 Imagine XLS23LDE
                2022 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 High Country Duramax
                Hensley Arrow Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                  Cannot see the video on facebook. Looks like it's only shared with your friends possibly.

Bottom rollers should roll freely (if the slide is on them, you probably cannot roll them by hand) you may need to have someone run the slide while watching the rollers. You could possibly use the phone app if the trailer is equipped with one control.
                  Didn’t realize that, sorry. I just went in and changed the settings, so it should work now.
                  Chad
                  TT = 2400BH

Comment

Originally posted by Collin Ellis View Post
                    Chad I had the exact same issue with our new ‘22 Imagine 23LDE. The slide out worked ok at the dealer during delivery. I found the front rubber gasket was being pulled into the gear and track. I trimmed a very small piece off of the gasket just the width of the track. This seemed to let the slide travel but still not as freely as the rear of the slide. Long story short. Biggest problem was the outlet I was using to power the trailer. I was using an adapter plugged into a wall outlet in the garage without a surge protector. (Had not arrived yet) When I plugged the surge protector into the adapter the surge protector indicated reverse polarity. I’ve been using that outlet for 20 years with no problems. I moved the adapter and surge protector to another outlet that’s is at my breaker panel. Everything there checked out ok. The slide out now works perfect even sound better. We’ve used the trailer on a couple of trips already with no problems. Just my experience. Hope you find the solution.
                    Collin
                    I appreciate the responses but this issue of mine happens regardless of what I’m plugged into. Shore power, house power and generator power, all the same. But I am going to head to the RV shortly and take some measurements of the track and see if I can get underneath it to see if anything is caught in the track itself.
                    Chad
                    TT = 2400BH

Comment

Even on shore power the battery still needs to be in top shape, the RV relies on the battery. Make sure the battery is receiving charge while on shore power and has proper voltage. A lot of issues can be traced to a poor battery.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Tymeks45 View Post

I appreciate the responses but this issue of mine happens regardless of what I’m plugged into. Shore power, house power and generator power, all the same. But I am going to head to the RV shortly and take some measurements
                        Late response sorry. Proper installation seems to be a major underlying problem with the Scheintek slides. I don't know how to make those measurements myself, I do know there are on line manuals and u tubes that explain it in detail.

You problem sounds similar to my "other slide" problem. One side just seems to drag in certain locations. When my mobile guy looked at it he showed me some rubber gasket material that had melted and oozed out onto the bottom of the slide. Remove the goo and it will slide better.

So go outside on the side of the slide that is dragging. Look at the bottom rail, then look at the corner of the bottom. When they put the slides together they put a sealant (tape) between the metal parts and the "box". Nice and water tight. However, if that sealant gets too warm, like sitting in direct sunlight on a hot day, it will ooz/melt/run. Then it spreads to the surface of the slide. When it reaches a friction point on the slide mechanism it essentially just bogs down and gets stuck. And it may no be on the bottom, it could be on the side or top also.

Obviously this may not be your issue. It's just something for you to look at and think about.

2017 Momentum 376, 2019 Ford F450
                        2022 Triumph Scrambler Motorcycle
                        E-bikes, Hobi Pedal Kayaks
                        Kota the dog and KC the Kitty Cat

Comment

Working...
                        X