X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlexPeterson
    replied
    Originally posted by BLoflin View Post
    We have a new 2022 2970RL which has 2 slides, one frame slide, one Schwintek. Have 3 camping trips plus many driveway setups (to do adds/mods/decoration) So would guess we've run the slides over 30 times. I ALWAYS hold the button on the Schwintek until completely out or completely in, and hold it until it "sings" then no noise. Then let go and hold it again, but no noise. Also ALWAYS completely level and stabilizers down.

So 2 days ago setting up in the driveway front side of Schwintek would go about 5 inches and stop, back side would continue. I ran it back in fully, held button until the singing stopped, and tried again. Same, ran back and tried again, while I applied pressure to the front side from inside the RV. Still would stop at 5 inches of travel.

From my understanding running it back in until everything and motors are silent is supposed to sync it back up... if that was the problem.

As last resort went and found the controller (under the bathroom sink, had to remove a trim piece under the sink to get to it.

Did the 6 push and hold on the 7 push until the lights blink.

WORKED!

I ran it all the way out. Then all the way back in. Then all the way back out again.

No binding, no problems.

If I add to this post this weekend, it will be a sad face emoji, but I'm hopeful just a weird out for sync for some reason, one off......! ? ?
    You're lucky - yours seems to have been a software problem. The three of us who have posted in this thread all have mechanical problems...

Leave a comment:

• BLoflin
    replied
    We have a new 2022 2970RL which has 2 slides, one frame slide, one Schwintek. Have 3 camping trips plus many driveway setups (to do adds/mods/decoration) So would guess we've run the slides over 30 times. I ALWAYS hold the button on the Schwintek until completely out or completely in, and hold it until it "sings" then no noise. Then let go and hold it again, but no noise. Also ALWAYS completely level and stabilizers down.

So 2 days ago setting up in the driveway front side of Schwintek would go about 5 inches and stop, back side would continue. I ran it back in fully, held button until the singing stopped, and tried again. Same, ran back and tried again, while I applied pressure to the front side from inside the RV. Still would stop at 5 inches of travel.

From my understanding running it back in until everything and motors are silent is supposed to sync it back up... if that was the problem.

As last resort went and found the controller (under the bathroom sink, had to remove a trim piece under the sink to get to it.

Did the 6 push and hold on the 7 push until the lights blink.

WORKED!

I ran it all the way out. Then all the way back in. Then all the way back out again.

No binding, no problems.

If I add to this post this weekend, it will be a sad face emoji, but I'm hopeful just a weird out for sync for some reason, one off......! ? ?

Leave a comment:

• Toy4Rick
    replied
    Dang man that sucks

Put me into the same category, new 2500RL with a failed slide. Dealer received approval from GD to replace the mechanism, they have placed the order, pending an update on delivery...

Now, the failed Refrig... that is another story

Leave a comment:

• AlexPeterson
    replied
    Originally posted by Montana View Post
    Hi Alex, I had the exact same thing happen to my 2022 Imagine 2500 RL. I took a picture that looks exactly like yours! We had just gotten home with our new Imagine, set it up and the very first time I tried the slideout, this happened. We returned to the dealer the next day (150 miles away) and it's been there ever since. We've been waiting since June 7 and I'm now told the parts won't arrive at the dealership service department until July 15! We've had to cancel three separate trips. The dealership said they have 8 other units in the same condition and there has been a recall however, I haven't seen a recall notification yet.
    Uhg, that really is not good news. As I said, we'll pick it up and take our trip with the slide in if we have to. Grand Design really should divert parts from their production to fix things like this, since one could argue the production on our units is not yet complete!

Leave a comment:

• Montana
    replied
    Hi Alex, I had the exact same thing happen to my 2022 Imagine 2500 RL. I took a picture that looks exactly like yours! We had just gotten home with our new Imagine, set it up and the very first time I tried the slideout, this happened. We returned to the dealer the next day (150 miles away) and it's been there ever since. We've been waiting since June 7 and I'm now told the parts won't arrive at the dealership service department until July 15! We've had to cancel three separate trips. The dealership said they have 8 other units in the same condition and there has been a recall however, I haven't seen a recall notification yet.

Leave a comment:

• 2022 2500RL slide broken before first use... July 6, 2022

Uhg - untimely failure. I retrieved our as-yet unused rig from the storage building, brought it home for some final stuff before leaving for a long planned 10 day trip on July 22nd. As I began to open the slide, it went a few inches and I noticed the forward side lagging. I released the switch, and brought it successfully back in. I checked for any visible obstruction, none. I again began to extend it, same thing happened. Upon moving it back in, one of the gears on the forward shaft slipped a few teeth. The control unit never showed any codes. Since we took delivery of the new trailer, the slide has been extended perhaps 4 times total.

We brought it to our dealer this morning. Wish us luck! Worst case is we'll pick it up and use it with the slide in. Obnoxious for sure, but better than cancelling the trip which is timed with another event so cannot simply be delayed.

I do not know if the LIppert TSB 146-001-2022 is involved here or not.

Here you can see the issue. The rear mechanism is ok.

EDIT 21JUL22, repair work completed by the dealer, see a post below for details.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Slide hosed up.jpg Views:	140 Size:	65.1 KB ID:	89494
    Last edited by AlexPeterson; 07-21-2022, 08:28 PM.
Working...
X