2022 2500RL slide broken before first use... July 6, 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by howson View Post

The Schwintek is obvious--there's the tracks on the side of the slide one near the top and one near the bottom, both sides. A thru-frame will have tracks underneath the slide. Totally different system.

If you'd like to dig into more detail, go to https://support.lci1.com/slide-outs/

The "In-Wall Slide-Out" is what we commonly call the Schwintek. The Through Frame Selections will have Electric Slide System options. (No difference in operation on the size, so choose either the 2x2 or 2x3 option).

Click image for larger version

Name:	slides.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	105736
    Thanks. I'm familiar with the Hydraulic slide as that was on my Cougar... didn't know they were synonymous with thru-frame. Am 99.9% sure this new rig has the SchwinTex slides as I don't recall seeing the hydraulic slide components.
    Mark
    Current: 2023 GD Imagine 2500RL, 2018 F150 CrewCab King Ranch FX4, Equal-i-zer WD
    Previous: 2013 Cougar 31SQB, 2015 F350 CC King Ranch FX4, 2007 GMC LBZ 2500.

Comment

I think that GD only changed to the thru frame slide on the larger heavier slide outs. I think that the one in the 2500RL, containing only the couch and refer, could still be the Schwintek style.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        I think that GD only changed to the thru frame slide on the larger heavier slide outs. I think that the one in the 2500RL, containing only the couch and refer, could still be the Schwintek style.

Brian
        mepgray -- I don't know for sure that the 2500RL has changed.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Sorry, Joseph, not sure what you mean by IMG 6695. Not sure about identifying a slide type by how the skirting is installed--haven't heard that one before.
          When you go to the web page of the selling dealer there are multiple images. On my computer the images have names.

As to identifying I did not know if the in wall slide was full height taking the skirting with it, or if it was just above the trim line that moved.

Looking at the ad for a 2020 model, I can now see that the skirting is split and moves with the slide. https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/202...0RL-5024748296 Did not think to look at older model ads earlier.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

We bought our 2022 2500RL Feb 2022 and had the slide assembly replaced in Sept22. It took 6 weeks to complete the repair. In our case, the plastic spur gears were chewed up and replaced with steel spur gears. We’ll see if this fixed the problem when we use it agin in the spring. If not, then the extended warranty we bought recently will come in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Brian
              I just purchased a 2023 2500rl and can confirm it has the thru frame slide out mechanism. No Schwintek.
              2023 Grand Designs 2500RL
              2001 Ford F350 7.3 Powerstroke

Comment

Working...
              X