Axle looks bowed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axle looks bowed

I have not picked up my trailer yet which is a 2022 Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer axle.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	107045Momentum 21G but when we did a quick overlook it seemed to me that the axles had a slight bow upward. This is the only picture I have but wondering if that is normal or do you think I have defective axles? I don't pick it up until March 24 so trying to make sure everything is taken care of before then. Looking to see if anyone else has had this issue or maybe it is not an issue.

Normal... as long as it bows up
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
    2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toys:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
    2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

A bowed (up) axle is how it's manufactured. If it was flat, it would be defective. Keep asking questions. We're here to help.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Yup totally normal. I'm sure I am highly simplifying this, and hopefully the real axle experts here chime in, but the upward bow is to help compensate the weight the RV will put in it, and keep the tires maintain proper camber.

Congrats on your new trailer BTW!
        2019 Imagine 2400BH
        2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Thank you everyone for your input. I figured it was ok but rather be safe than sorry and I never claim to know everything so it was nice to get answers to put my mind at ease.

Comment

Working...
          X