Distance between axles needed on GD Imagine XLS 22 MLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distance between axles needed on GD Imagine XLS 22 MLE

I am arranging a suspension upgrade to our 22MLE and am unable to measure the center to center distance of the axles on our 22MLE. We are home in SOCAL and the trailer is in Phoenix. Anyone with the knowledge or a 22MLE could offer this information it would be much appreciated. Remember the distance is center to center of the axle which is easily measured from the aft edge of the rear grease cup to the aft edge forward grease cup. Thanks.
    Grand Design 2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE, Ford F-150 Lariat with the big screen TV, 3.5L. E2 weight distribution hitch.

Originally posted by CAVUMark View Post
    I am arranging a suspension upgrade to our 22MLE and am unable to measure the center to center distance of the axles on our 22MLE. We are home in SOCAL and the trailer is in Phoenix. Anyone with the knowledge or a 22MLE could offer this information it would be much appreciated. Remember the distance is center to center of the axle which is easily measured from the aft edge of the rear grease cup to the aft edge forward grease cup. Thanks.
    Per the parts look up you have 35" spacing https://www.granddesignrv.com/owners...s/parts-lookup No sure if that helps My unit has the same spacing specified and I do measure 35".
    Hope this helps
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

On my 22MLE, I just recently installed the dexter ez flex kit K71-653-00 kit for 35 inch axle spacing along with new 25 1/8 springs. It all went together nicely.
      2020 F350 7.3 gas
      2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I need to remember the GD offers the web based parts list.

JoelKunze How do you like the results of your suspension mode? Did it help with the bucking? Hwy 40 in Arizona just about did us in. The right lane is terrible all the way across the country.
        Last edited by howson; 04-02-2023, 08:09 AM. Reason: Fixed tag...
        Grand Design 2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE, Ford F-150 Lariat with the big screen TV, 3.5L. E2 weight distribution hitch.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I need to remember the GD offers the web based parts list.

JoelKunze How do you like the results of your suspension mode? Did it help with the bucking? Hwy 40 in Arizona just about did us in. The right lane is terrible all the way across the country.
          Sumo Springs will help with the bucking. https://www.superspringsinternationa...s/#spring-over theses are the folks that make them. "Journey Better" is a possible discount code
          EZ-Flex should too with chucking. It came stock on my trailer

What hitch do you have? Some are better than others at controlling chucking.

BTW It would really help if you could fill out your signature line so folks know what you have. Instructions in the Welcome Letter.
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I didn’t really notice any change… I tow with a super crew long bed F350 which is usually loaded up with stuff. I suspect the bigger, heavier, and longer than typical tow vehicle makes it harder to notice much of anything from this camper. I’m probably also not very adept at noticing such a change.

I originally started looking into doing something because the suspension seemed to be noisier than before. But after looking into it and getting thoughts from people here, I realized the springs were worn out and needed replaced. I figured if I was going to go through that effort then I would ‘upgrade’ the equalizer too.

I thought I might find the plastic bushings in the original suspension (after 2.5 years and more than 10k miles) in bad condition, but they looked to me to be in good shape.
            2020 F350 7.3 gas
            2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Comment

For those interested I asked GD customer service the same question and there response, "Thank you for reaching out on this, however it would need to be measured by hand as every unit is built a little different." That sure surprised me.

Anyway I have the e2 weight distribution hitch. I bought the trailer and all the necessary options from the seller who owns and identical truck as mine so I did not do any hitch adjustments. I have an appointment with a shop in Phoenix to align the axles, I have a tire scrubbing, and upgrade to the CRE 3000 with the wet shackles. I suspect the nylon bushings are adequate and there are Youtube videos which show the bronze worn out and gone ! So, who knows what evils lurks. Regular maintenance is the key to success.

I thought I updated my signature line but it appears not to be so. I will try again.

Comment

Working...
              X