Valve stem leaking on brand new Reflection 150 260RD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve stem leaking on brand new Reflection 150 260RD

I just picked up a new 5th wheel a couple of weeks ago. It was built a few weeks ago. It has a slow leak in one of the tires. It is leaking around the base of the valve stem. It has the newest Lippert TPMS. I understand it uses band type sensors. Does this use standard valve stems? I would like to take it to a local tire shop because my dealer is 1.5 hours from where I live. Click image for larger version

Name:	TPMS.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	115283
    2023 Reflection 260RD
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 Lariat 6.7 CC 4X4

Here is an image of the leaky valve stem.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TPMS1.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	115285
    2023 Reflection 260RD

Comment

I just got it repaired. Nothing special about the valve stem except it’s high pressure.
      2023 Reflection 260RD

Comment

Hi Gramps.

Here is some basic information on the Lippert banded sensors:
        https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0007698.pdf

Banded sensors typically are fully internal to a wheel and do not have special valve stems. Please note the three year expected battery life.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks Jim. I’m not very patient so I didn’t wait for an answer.😀 That document is very helpful. I was hoping the batteries would last longer. At least I know it works properly because I was able to see that my tire was losing 1 psi/day. I was able to get it repaired before I got a blowout on the highway.

Bob
          2023 Reflection 260RD

Comment

Bob, did they just do a rebuild on the sensor? I would hope they are built like auto sensors where the rubber stem is replaceable. Hopefully the tire shop inspected the stem hole as it could have a burr or sharp edge that damaged the stem when pulling it through.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
              Bob, did they just do a rebuild on the sensor? I would hope they are built like auto sensors where the rubber stem is replaceable. Hopefully the tire shop inspected the stem hole as it could have a burr or sharp edge that damaged the stem when pulling it through.
              Sorry for the delay posting. The valve stem was replaced and so far no more loss of air pressure. Sensors are working properly also.
              2023 Reflection 260RD

Comment

I had the same problem w/my 2022 Reflection 260RD also, turned out to be valve stem. it was leaking between black rubber part & brass stem. Jus changed out valve stem.
                Nate
                2022 Grand Design Refection 280
                2017 Dodge Cummings 6.7 Turbo

Comment

Bad valve stems seem to be a plague recently in tire production. I've had two with my brand-new 2670MK, and they were the normally-reliable Goodyear Endurance tires, not China bombs. Not sure why there's suddenly a problem, but a lot of people at the national rally told me they'd have similar problems.

Comment

Working...
                  X