looking for a Brake kit Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a Brake kit Replacement

I have started the process of looking to replace all four brake assembles and did some digging trying to locate the correct setup for my camper.
    I did not realize how much information you needed to get the proper kit, So I thought I would share.

By asking a lot of questions I discovered why I contently needed to adjust my electric brake controller. Because the brake that came on this model did not self-adjust.

So started by contacting Dexter and gave them the information off the axle to get the proper Numbers. And they actually emailed me the paperwork to my axle. I was a bit taken by how much they are asking just for one assembly.

Does anyone have a good resource for an assembly more price friendly?

Dexter cost – 207.00 per – on Amazon
    Axles wt.- 4400 lbs
    Wheel size – 15” – didn’t understand why this was needed.
    Size - 10” x 2-1/4”
    Style of brake kit – Electric - Adjustable
    Brake 1- 023-462-00 – left hand
    Brake 2 – 023-463-00 – Right Hand
    Last edited by Country Campers; 06-29-2023, 05:18 PM. Reason: changed text or Forum standard
    2020 Grand Design - 2600RB - Pulling with a 2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins 4x4. (Texas)

Dude

You could always try your local trailer shop if you have one, one that sells dump trailers or flat trailers, they may get you a better deal.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Try theses folks - probably have them in stock https://ironbeartrailer.com/ (800) 865-0339
      E-trailer also carry's what you need. be sure to get SELF Adjusting assemblies with the backing plate. The will bolt right up. Remember you will want two right assemblies and two left. They are side specific.

Hope this helps

On edit
      I think this is what you need BTW the brake you list is manual adjust, not self adjusting which I love. E-trailer has the non self adjusting you list for $155.28
      https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Bra...3-478-479.html
      Last edited by Yoda; 06-30-2023, 09:07 AM.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude View Post
        I have started the process of looking to replace all four brake assembles and did some digging trying to locate the correct setup for my camper.
        I did not realize how much information you needed to get the proper kit, So I thought I would share.

By asking a lot of questions I discovered why I contently needed to adjust my electric brake controller. Because the brake that came on this model did not self-adjust.

So started by contacting Dexter and gave them the information off the axle to get the proper Numbers. And they actually emailed me the paperwork to my axle. I was a bit taken by how much they are asking just for one assembly.

Does anyone have a good resource for an assembly more price friendly?

Dexter cost – 207.00 per – on Amazon
        Axles wt.- 4400 lbs
        Wheel size – 15” – didn’t understand why this was needed.
        Size - 10” x 2-1/4”
        Style of brake kit – Electric - Adjustable
        Brake 1- 023-462-00 – left hand
        Brake 2 – 023-463-00 – Right Hand
        Automatic or manual adjusted brakes are a personal choice. I have the manual brake 023-462-00 that you listed, and although I adjust my brakes about once per year, I never have to adjust my brake controller. If you are continually having to adjust your brake controller it seems that there may be something causing excessive wear on the pads, or an issue going on with the controller. I would be interested in comments from others on this.

If you do decide to go with the manual adjust 023-462-00, a google search will find you options in the $130 range.
        2020 Reflection 273MK
        2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

I'd be suspect of seal failure or an electrical issue if you are hiving to adjust the controller. None of my braked axle trailers require me to adjust the controller once set.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thought I would leave my feedback to close out this post, and not leave you hanging. After a lot of research, I discovered that to find the 4.4K break setup you are out of luck if you think you can find those That are self-adjustable at a good price. you can find that everyone has the 3.5K in stock and great pricing.

I decided the best approach was to get these
            Dexter Nev-R-Adjust Electric Trailer Brake Kit - 10" - Left and Right Hand Assemblies - 4.4K.
            With these, all I will need to do is replace the brakes when needed and get that manual adjustment setup off my trailer.

On a side Note: I did adjust the Brakes ( current manual setup) this last weekend and the electrical control held its setup. So no control issues, it was more user error not knowing they were manual adjustments needed.

Thanks to all for your advice and feedback.
            2020 Grand Design - 2600RB - Pulling with a 2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins 4x4. (Texas)

Comment

Working...
            X