No announcement yet.

Wet bolt won't take grease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TucsonJim not sure how much pressure my cheap grease gun puts out but I’d guess it’s a lot less than 10000 psi. Thanks for the offer of help but we’re not going to the national rally. Might try to make it to Quartzite next year though.

Cate&Rob I don’t feel I can pull this off in my yard, particularly if something goes wrong. Might just live with it for awhile and hope for the best.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Bob

2014 Ford F-150 Ecoboost / Max Tow / HD Payload
    2018 Reflection 295RL

Comment

bogen2 Hi Bob,

As I mentioned earlier, lack of grease is not likely going to cause a suspension failure. It will cause the bushing to wear more quickly, but if this bushing has never gotten grease, it is probably already well worn. Can you see signs of grease at the sides of the spring (ends of the bushing) to determine if this wet bolt took grease in the past?

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

No sign of grease at the ends, but when I pulled the zerk and stuck in a probe, there seemed to be grease in there.

Bob
        2014 Ford F-150 Ecoboost / Max Tow / HD Payload
        2018 Reflection 295RL

Comment

Originally posted by bogen2 View Post
          No sign of grease at the ends, but when I pulled the zerk and stuck in a probe, there seemed to be grease in there.

Bob
          If the small cross drilled grease hole is blocked, the grease gun could still fill the centre passage behind the zerk. I would suspect that grease has never reached this bushing . . . and the guy you paid to grease the bushings never bothered to tell you about this one.

Rob

Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
          X