torque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torque

I wanted to torque my lugs however I dont understand owners manual it says size of lug is 1/2" or 9/16" I am using a 3/4" socket so what gives?

SO I wanted to take a lug nut off and I think theres a anti theft nut on one I tried the other rim and all of them are common. Interesting

Comment

Originally posted by rally View Post
      I wanted to torque my lugs however I dont understand owners manual it says size of lug is 1/2" or 9/16" I am using a 3/4" socket so what gives?
      They are talking about the diameter of the threaded portion, not the size of the hex of the lug nut. The size of the thread determines the amount of torque to be applied to properly tighten the lug nut.
      Ted
      2021 Reflection 310RLS
      2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

If my memory is on track right now, I believe the 3/4" socket fits the 1/2X20 stud nuts.

I'm guessing you have seen this chart:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	343
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	119451
        Bolt circle diameter for 4 and 5 lug wheels:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	153
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	119452

Here is also a nice tool (will need to figure out how to print at 100% scale).

https://www.etrailer.com/static/imag...template22.pdf
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Curious on this one. As the GD Manual for 2022 Reflection has knocked down the torque to account for aluminum rims, to 90 to 100. And the note on the fifth hitch says torqued to 100 ft. lbs. Thoughts?
          We live to serve our two Golder Retrievers
          2022 Reflection 303RLS
          2016 GMC Denali 3500

Comment

Originally posted by gtippett View Post
            Curious on this one. As the GD Manual for 2022 Reflection has knocked down the torque to account for aluminum rims, to 90 to 100. And the note on the fifth hitch says torqued to 100 ft. lbs. Thoughts?
            I had the same note on ours when new. I torque to 100 ft lbs. and use the 3 stage method.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
            X