SRE4000 Equalizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRE4000 Equalizer

Wondering if anyone has had an issue with the Morryde SRE4000 equalizers. I was doing an axle/spring upgrade and noticed one of mine is protruding out the bottom even when it was removed from the trailer. The other side looked better except it was pulling away from the sides a little at the top. I’ve I sent pictures to Morryde and they said it looked OK but I don’t think it should push out of the bottom with no load on it. I’m leaning towards replacement, just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue. Also, it looks like Morryde discontinued the SRE4000 and is making the Altrek 4000 now.
    Attached Files
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS
    2018 Silverado 2500 Duramax

Ascrone -- the rubber shear spring on the SRE4000 appears similar (ar least the inspection criteria in the manual) to the IS shear spring. I do not claim expertise, but I agree what's shown in your pics needs to be addressed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20231227-074556_Firefox.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.3 KB ID:	125962
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Take a look at these. IMO, a much better equalizer design than mor-ryde cre3 or 4000
      https://www.dexteraxle.com/Dexter-E-Z-Flex
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

I am not a fan of the Morryde equalizers, the Dexter is better in my opinion ( and shared with Scott'n'Wendy above).

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks for the input and the recommendations Scott'n'Wendy, Country Campers. I ordered the Dexter EZ Flex. They said the axle spacing was for 35" mine are 36" so I emailed them and they replied that they should work.
          2019 Reflection 312BHTS
          2018 Silverado 2500 Duramax

Comment

Working...
          X