ABS Axle Assembly Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS Axle Assembly Question

I currently own a 2024 IM 17MKE that on the MSRP Sales sheet showed that the unit has the ABS Axle Assembly (as an option?). We are considering trading it in for a larger 2024 IM 22MLE. I am looking at two different MSRP Sheets (different units) and one shows the ABS axle Assembly and the other does not!

My question is: Is the ABS axle Assembly an Option? or was it just left off one of the sheets. If it is an option, what is the difference between it and the standard axle assembly? I Tried calling Customer Service but they were already closed for the day. Any enlightenment will be appreciated.
    Brad & Christie
    2024 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2022 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4L V8
    Weigh Safe Middleweight WD

I do not think that ABS is an option, I think GD is either putting it on all lines or just some lines. I would not worry if it has it or not, I do not think that the ABS system is worth it. If you get to look at both campers and can look at either the axle tag or the brake drum backing plate this would let you know if it is there or not. On the backing plate there will be 2 wire sets, one for the brake magnet and one for the ABS sensor.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks Brian, for the quick response. I will get to look at both on Wednesday! I appreciate the feedback!
      Brad & Christie
      2024 Imagine XLS 22MLE
      2022 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4L V8
      Weigh Safe Middleweight WD

Comment

According to the GDRV website, all 2024 Imagine 22MLE units have ABS. But of course there is a caveat that specifications are subject to change without notice.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I purchased a 2024 Grand design imagine 22 mle. All of Grand designs imagine says this trailer for 2024 comes with ABS brakes. I'm still going around with Grand design because my unit does not have ABS brakes you want to check very carefully because they are not at this time standing behind that. Their customer service has been no help whatsoever I'm been trying for 6 months now trying to get some kind of answer other than it didn't come on my unit so I don't get it. It is around $800 more for the abs . But the internal order sheets say ABS mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost798 View Post
            I purchased a 2024 Grand design imagine 22 mle. All of Grand designs imagine says this trailer for 2024 comes with ABS brakes. I'm still going around with Grand design because my unit does not have ABS brakes you want to check very carefully because they are not at this time standing behind that. Their customer service has been no help whatsoever I'm been trying for 6 months now trying to get some kind of answer other than it didn't come on my unit so I don't get it. It is around $800 more for the abs . But the internal order sheets say ABS mandatory.
            Hi Ghost,
            This forum is comprised of owners just like yourself. While I can understand the frustration, resolving situations like you're working through is not the purpose of this forum (nor do we even have the capability of resolving). We're here to help owners step through technical problems, not customer-service (or dealer) issues.

Not that you asked for my .02, but I'd be glad if the unit I bought did not come with the ABS system. More complication = more expensive repairs and/or difficulty getting replacement parts if there's a breakdown on the road. Frankly, if the road conditions are bad enough to warrant ABS the better solution is to find a "safe harbor" for the day and watch a movie or read a book.

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Ghost798

How did you determine that you do not have ABS brakes? Can you post a couple of pictures of your baking plates, one on each side of the axle? At assembly the ABS unit is tucked up underneath the bottom cover and the wires are tucked up there as well. There should be a second wire going to each baking plate, not the brake magnet wire. With all changes that are made throughout the year it is possible that units are built with no ABS systems. I also agree with Howard, not having them is not a bad thing, I would prefer not having the system.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I will get some photos after the rain stops I a few days
                there should be a sensor on the top of the backing plate which there is not on the set I have. Grand design his verified that my unit was not built with APS brakes

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1018.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	129662 I ordered ABS on our 2023 337 and it’s easy to tell if your unit has it. Look at the back edge of brake drum. If it looks like this it has ABS , and if smooth probably doesn’t

Last edited by Jay HHI6818; 03-02-2024, 09:47 AM.
                  Jay & Patty Wallace
                  2023 Reflection 337 RLS
                  2022 Silverado 3500 HD High Country Duramax 6.6L Allison 10 SP

Comment

Originally posted by Jay HHI6818 View Post
                    I ordered ABS on our 2023 337 and it’s easy to tell if your unit has it. Look at the back edge of brake drum. If it looks like this it has ABS , and if smooth probably doesn’t

You need to look for the ABS components, not just the notches for the ABS sensors. I am not sure if discs makes a difference, but my '21 320G, which does not have ABS (not offered in that year), has the ABS notches. I was told they had converted over to the plates/drums for the future ABS systems.
                    2021 GD Momentum 320G 8K Axle
                    2023 Chevy 3500HD LTZ SB CC 4x4 Dmax

Comment

Working...
                    X