Grease Fittings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease Fittings

In the process of greasing the wet bolts on my 2930. I have one that I can't get grease into. Changed the fitting with one I sure allows the grease through.

Where might the clog be?

Rob
    Rob, Betsy and Kali (Rhodesian Ridgeback)
    2022 Solitude-S 2930RL
    2023 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax Denali

The bolt may have rotated, blocking the outlet.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

ok, so take the bolt out and reposition it. In general, should I be taking pressure off of the suspension when I grease the wet bolts? I do push enough grease in that I see it come out around the bracket/bolt.
      Rob, Betsy and Kali (Rhodesian Ridgeback)
      2022 Solitude-S 2930RL
      2023 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax Denali

Comment

Originally posted by rtrainer View Post
        ok, so take the bolt out and reposition it. In general, should I be taking pressure off of the suspension when I grease the wet bolts? I do push enough grease in that I see it come out around the bracket/bolt.
        I usually use auto level when I grease the wet bolts. This takes some of the pressure off of those bolts. I have even used the rear jacks to raise the RV a little higher after leveling and that reduces more pressure on the wet bolts. If the wet bolt does not take grease in any position remove the grease fitting and run a drill bit in to the hole the grease goes in, usually around 1/8" diameter, this will clean the hole out. If you still do not get grease then you may want to remove the bolt and find the issue, maybe the cross hole is not drilled into the grease hole. The orientation of the cross grease hole should be 9 oclock or 3 oclock.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
        X