2250rk Tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2250rk Tires?

Our 2250rk has 205/75/15 tires. West lake 8 ply.

i would like to go to a 10 ply tire, but having trouble finding a 10 ply in that size.

225/75/15 readily have a 10 ply.

curious if there would be an issue changing tire size.
    I realize the 225 is 1.2 inches taller.

thank you

Hi RAFulton. Welcome to the GDRV technical forum. We're glad you dropped by.

As long as you have clearance between the tires and the wheel wells, you should have no issues going to the 10 ply (Load Range E) tires. I'd suggest you go to metal valve stems when you do so.

Regarding clearance - You want to strive for 4" minimum clearance between the top of the tire and the wheel well. I'd measure your current set up. If you have 4.5" or more clearance, you should be fine. Any less and you may experience rubbing. If you need to obtain more clearance, let us know and we can provide guidance on how to do so.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I have a 2250RK, and wanted to know what the tire warranty is for just the tire.

Comment

Originally posted by TXMadMan View Post
        I have a 2250RK, and wanted to know what the tire warranty is for just the tire.
        According to the Imagine Owner's Manual, i. Tires; Batteries; Optional Generators and certain Appliances & Electronic Entertainment Equipment
        which is warranted separately by the respective component manufacturer.​

In the Component Supplier Contact Information section of the manual, find the Tires entry and you'll see the contact information for Lionshead. They will be able to answer any specific questions definitively.

Out of curiosity I did a quick internet search--see https://westlaketireusa.com/warranty/

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by RAFulton View Post
          Our 2250rk has 205/75/15 tires. West lake 8 ply.

i would like to go to a 10 ply tire, but having trouble finding a 10 ply in that size.

225/75/15 readily have a 10 ply.

curious if there would be an issue changing tire size.
          I realize the 225 is 1.2 inches taller.

thank you
          I moved to this size in a Goodyear Endurance tire and air them up at the same 65psi that is posted on the yellow tag on the rig. The tire not being at its max sidewall pressure results in two advantages. The tire can better absorb road abuse and it will not beat up the rig if the tire would be at 80 psi.

Caution: The rims are not designed for 80psi if they were supplied with D rated tires.

One other important factor is to be sure the floor clearance is there for the 1/2inch taller tire in the wheel well. That is 1/2" closer to the floor. Wise to dump the Westlakes where I sold mine after two seasons and 2K miles.

Jim
          Last edited by Guest; 11-06-2022, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X