Leaf springs 2020 328G Momentum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaf springs 2020 328G Momentum

These look flat to me. Anyone out there with more experience care to share an opinion?
    We have been to the CAT scale and we are under capacity. We don't even carry a toy yet!

Full timers,
    Janet, David and the amazing PorscheDoodle Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201112_131522.jpg
Views:	720
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	34680Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201112_131627.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	34681

Originally posted by Janizona View Post
    These look flat to me. Anyone out there with more experience care to share an opinion?
    That second picture sure looks like the springs are a "W" instead of a "smile". But I'm no expert--I'll defer to others with a lot more experience in this area. Cate&Rob
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Janizona
      Hi Janet and David

Those springs definitely look overloaded. To put some actual numbers to this, you should measure “loaded spring arch height”. See this thread for further discussion and particularly the attachments to post 5. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operation/suspension-amp-brakes/17604-grand-design-lippert-design-criteria-suspension-travel-minimum-clearance

Rob

Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Well my garage currently is my living room so it only has a sofa, a TV, and a mini fridge. We plan to put a toy in there next year so there's no way for me to weigh it with that in there. But if it can't handle my living room furniture then I can't imagine what's going to happen when I put a toy in there! I will try taking those measurements shown on the link you sent me to

Comment

Well my garage currently is my living room so it only has a sofa, a TV, and a mini fridge. We plan to put a toy in there next year so there's no way for me to weigh it with that in there. But if it can't handle my living room furniture then I can't imagine what's going to happen when I put a toy in there! I will try taking those measurements shown on the link you sent me to
          There are a few things that would make the springs sag.

1. Load too heavy
          2. Springs not properly specified by the manufacturer (Springs too small).
          3. Defective Spring Material.

You are running pretty empty for a toy hauler, so I'd suspect #2 or #3.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Yes those are definitely flat. If under warranty you may want to contact Grand Design or Dexter , I believe those are Dexter axels and therefore Dexter springs.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Trailer is only 10 months old so definitely under warranty. I don't know how I tell what axles I have. I sent pictures to Grand Design but I wasn't sure if they were bad. Thank you for your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

There are a few things that would make the springs sag.

1. Load too heavy
                2. Springs not properly specified by the manufacturer (Springs too small).
                3. Defective Spring Material.

You are running pretty empty for a toy hauler, so I'd suspect #2 or #3.

Jim
                Thank thank you Jim for your opinion. My first trailer and I just happened to look under there today while we were traveling. Well, while we were parked. Lol. I was thinking they were flat but I don't know much about them.

Comment

Trailer is only 10 months old so definitely under warranty. I don't know how I tell what axles I have. I sent pictures to Grand Design but I wasn't sure if they were bad. Thank you for your opinion.
                  In your pictures you can see the white tag or sticker on the axels. This will tell you the manufacture and the weight capacity of each axel. Take a picture of these tags and send them to GD and or Dexter and they will know exactly what you have and the correct parts if needed for repair.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

In those pictures in the first post--see the white labels? They have the manufacturer information on your axles.

Click image for larger version  Name:	labels.JPG Views:	0 Size:	39.0 KB ID:	34730

Edit: Brian beat me to it!
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                    X