Tire Linc Prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Linc Prep

My new Imagine XLS 22 RBE came with Tire Linc prepped (Repeater wired into pass through) but no sensors. We decided to use this system because it uses an app on your phone and we don't want another screen on the dash. Already have an RV GPS and Back up Camera. Just wanted everyone to know that when you go to buy the sensors, it doesn't come with the tool necessary to make them theft proof or the tool to tighten them onto the tire stem. Seems odd that GD would not have figured this out before they agreed to install the repeater. Lippert is taking care of me but wanted others to know that you will have to call or email them to get those tools.
    Dan and Debbie Charna
    2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

Originally posted by Dan Charna View Post
    My new Imagine XLS 22 RBE came with Tire Linc prepped (Repeater wired into pass through) but no sensors. We decided to use this system because it uses an app on your phone and we don't want another screen on the dash. Already have an RV GPS and Back up Camera. Just wanted everyone to know that when you go to buy the sensors, it doesn't come with the tool necessary to make them theft proof or the tool to tighten them onto the tire stem. Seems odd that GD would not have figured this out before they agreed to install the repeater. Lippert is taking care of me but wanted others to know that you will have to call or email them to get those tools.
    Dan,
    Can you explain further regarding "...when you go to buy the sensors...". From where? GD? An aftermarket retailer? Lippert? (The Tire Linc is new so me and the other mods are in "learning mode".)

TIA!

Howard

P.S. Any further tips and tricks you learn along the way please post! Would like to know the performance while in the TV, and also what it really looks like if you can take a screenshot.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Howard,
      I bought the sensors from Gander Mountain (Campers World). They were on super sale. But you can buy them on Amazon, Lippert site, etc... All you need to do when you get them is to download an app to your phone, connect to the trailer and then go through the learning mode for each sensor. I have not done it yet but if you watch this video, it is pretty simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5cYZDrWX5s

So, you get the repeater with the trailer but not all the other parts. When you go to buy the sensors, you can get them in 2 packs (without all the tools) or you can buy the whole kit which includes a repeater which defeats the whole purpose of having it "tire linc preppred"

Hope this clarifies.

Dan
      Dan and Debbie Charna
      2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

Comment

Could you please confirm what is included in the Tire Linc Prep for the Imagine line? This will be helpful to pass on to owners both current and future as to what to expect with this package , it will also help us Moderators to know this information.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

All that is in my trailer is the repeater which boosts the signal from the sensors which were not included.

Dan
          Dan and Debbie Charna
          2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Could you please confirm what is included in the Tire Linc Prep for the Imagine line? This will be helpful to pass on to owners both current and future as to what to expect with this package , it will also help us Moderators to know this information.

Brian
            The Tire Linc Prep is prepped with the mini breaker box, the kit will need to be purchased to finish the installation. Here is the kit information: LCI's TPMS Kit - Part #450149.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Comment

When we originally looked at the 22mle we eventually purchased we were told that the unit came with TPMS. However, when we picked up our unit the only thing installed was the docking station. After complaining to the dealer they called GD and were told that the units only came "prepped" with the docking station and that the rest of the unit would have to be purchased by the owner. However, since the dealer (General RV) told us that it came with the unit they stepped up to the plate and provided the kit to us at no cost. Kudos to General RV
              Burt
              Burt & Pat. '21 Imagine XLS 22MLE, '20 F150 3.5 EB Blue Ox SwayPro WDH

Comment

Dan Charna -- so the items I've circled below are what's on your Imagine, right? You're looking for parts C through K (with maybe the exception of C)?

Did Lippert provide an LCI reference to ordering a kit with all the parts? I can't find anything on LCI's website. I'm sure each item can be ordered individually by part number...but what a nuisance for every Imagine owner. I hope that's not what's required.

With apologies to , I can't find any reference online to "450149". If it's a GD part number, google doesn't find it. A link would be appreciated.

Howard

Click image for larger version  Name:	These Items.JPG Views:	0 Size:	103.1 KB ID:	38504
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                  Dan Charna -- so the items I've circled below are what's on your Imagine, right? You're looking for parts C through K (with maybe the exception of C)?

Did Lippert provide an LCI reference to ordering a kit with all the parts? I can't find anything on LCI's website. I'm sure each item can be ordered individually by part number...but what a nuisance for every Imagine owner. I hope that's not what's required.

With apologies to , I can't find any reference online to "450149". If it's a GD part number, google doesn't find it. A link would be appreciated.

Howard

Click image for larger version Name:	These Items.JPG Views:	0 Size:	103.1 KB ID:	38504
                  That is the part number provided to us, but I am not seeing it on the website either. I will need to look into that more, it may just need to be added. I will update you once I have more information. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Comment

My Reflection came with four sensors. Don't remember seeing the stem sensor tool though, although it may be in the box.
                    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                    2021 303RLS
                    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
                      My Reflection came with four sensors. Don't remember seeing the stem sensor tool though, although it may be in the box.
                      The Reflection comes with the full system (including the sensors). The Imagine line is only "prepped". (Don't shoot the messenger...)

Howard & Francine

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                        Okay, I have additional information. This part number is not on our website as it’s considered an aftermarket item; therefore, it will not be listed on the website. Only what is built with the unit will show in our parts lookup. Owners will need to have a dealer contact GD to order the kit or they can go directly through Lippert to order the kit.
                        Last edited by howson; 12-28-2020, 05:28 PM.

Comment

The only thing that was included in my Imagine was "Part B" of the previously shared diagram. Part A is not.
                          2021 Imagine 2970RL
                          2021 F-250 (7.3L Godzilla V8)

Comment

Originally posted by Midwest Expectations View Post
                            The only thing that was included in my Imagine was "Part B" of the previously shared diagram. Part A is not.
                            if you look in the standard features included with the Imagine line, it does say TPMS prep. That is only Part B. But take that with a grain of salt. Mine was just attached to the wall. Wires were not connected.
                            2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn, CC SB 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
                            2021 GD Imagine 2800BH

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
                              Scott'n'Wendy, quick question, does your Reflection have steel or rubber stems??
                              Bob P.
                              2018 F-350 CCLB 4X4 Dually
                              2020 337RLS
                              VIN last 8 L3326309

Comment

Working...
                              X