No announcement yet.

How to improve suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Rob, I'm glad GD had the suspension done this way since I have seen a lot of talk about rubbing and installing blocks to raise trailers of all types. Now I can stop wondering about this issue and there does seem to be plenty of clearance from the tires to the floor. The floor/wheel well is also lined with metal. Again, thanks.
    flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

The issue with the earlier 2600RB rigs were the use of 1750lb springs (3500b axles) where the springs would weaken and result in tire to floor contact. As a result the newer models ( I believe MY19) were set up with 4400 lb axles and 2200lb springs. This upgraded suspension also came with E rated tires and rims designed for the 4400 lb axles. My older Imagine also has the 2" square tubing welded to the I beam. I have no idea how I ended up with this issue where new 1750lb springs were installed with 1 inch blocks. No issues since.

Also, I do not believe it would be possible for me to load up my Imagine to the newer GVWR, so there is a nice buffer for folks with the 4400lb axles.

Jim

Comment

Midwestcamper, Jim, thanks for the good info on the 2600rb. Along with the heaver axels came a higher UVW 6,175 and GVWR 7,850, I would guess that the CC is basically the same though even with the water the 1640 CC is a lot of stuff, we have weighed several load outs over the years. It seems GD saw the error of their ways on axel ratings at least on the 2600RB, and good for them. They along with MANY others seemed to be using the tongue weight subtraction from the axels as reasoning to use lighter axels, springs etc.. Glad to see they are willing to make improvements!
        flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Working...
        X