Tire Pressure Monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Pressure Monitoring

Looking for ideas for an optimal mounting location for a TPM repeater on a 295RL. Ideas/input appreciated.

I mounted mine in the front storage compartment of my 303 on the front wall. It's wooden so little attenuation, out of the way, easy to mount and close to the battery for wiring ease.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

I put mine on the back wall of my basement and then wired it to a basement light via an on/off switch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tire Booster.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	42235
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Installed mine to the front pass through wall on my 2600rb. Opened up a section of the wall so I could wire it to the front curb side marker light. When I turn my lights on (always run with lights on) the booster is on.

Name:	fsremove1.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	42264

Name:	fsremove2.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	42265
        Charles and Susan
        2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
        Andersen Hitch
        2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

I am considering aTPMS for our 2600RB as well and would like to know what it cost and where you found it. I have seen many of them and note that it is a tire link "prewire" on ours and am aware that still need 90% of the system. Is it accurate? Does it work on an android phone, do not need another screen in cab. Like ideas on where to mount it that folks have used. Thanks Dave
          flyfshrockies, 2021 imagine 2600RB, Ford F-150, XLT supper crew 3.5 eco boost with max tow. Dave and Toni (and the awesome Aussie Bayley, he's the social one)

Comment

Industrial velcro was used to attach my booster to the front frame member. Its wired into the vehicle/trailer charge wire and is powered when the trailer plug is connected to the truck.

I should add: My charge wire is routed directly to a 20 amp Renogy DCDC Lithium charger and is not directly connected to the RV battery. Otherwise, on a traditional system the booster would be on all the time.

Jim
            Last edited by Guest; 02-20-2021, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by David Nicolls View Post
              I am considering aTPMS for our 2600RB as well and would like to know what it cost and where you found it. I have seen many of them and note that it is a tire link "prewire" on ours and am aware that still need 90% of the system. Is it accurate? Does it work on an android phone, do not need another screen in cab. Like ideas on where to mount it that folks have used. Thanks Dave
              I have the Tire Minder TM-77 and have been very pleased with it. I went a little overboard and make united my booster in a plastic 4x4 box to the back of the battery support rail. Drilled two holes in the bottom of the box for the antennas to protrude out the bottom.

If you want a phone compatible system be sure you don't use your phone for other bluetooth functions while travelling. I wanted to get the Tire minder blue tooth version for the same reason as you, less screens. But I use my phone for streaming music while travelling. So I couldn't do both on the same device.
              ​​​​​​​
              Mike & Lisa
              Central Florida
              2021 Imagine 2970RL
              1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

I also use the TM-77 where it has worked perfectly but this past season it has dropped the furthest sensor twice. This may have been due to a defective booster since the case had opened up slightly on mine. I sealed it with silicone but it lost a sensor once after re-sealing it. This is very startling when the alarm goes off and your initial thought is whether the issue is catastrophic or not.
                Today I ordered and received the new 100ft capable Rino EX booster where this should eliminate any interference or a weak booster.

Here are a couple pics on the new extended range booster where its fully potted so its waterproof and can be mounted outside without issue.

Jim
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Guest; 02-22-2021, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X