X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Torque & Pressure 2600 RB

Hello
    New guy here,
    I've tried to determine my torque and tire pressure. Here is how I did that.
    If someone could let me know if I am on the right path, I'd appreciate it.

Torque -
    I believe the torque is defined in the GD owners manual (#2), based on the rim size sticker on the RV
    Using that, My wheel size is 15 (#1), so the torque is defined by GD Owners Manual #2.
    Question 1 - This is how I am calculating my torque for the wheels. Seems reasonable?

There are (3) stages, which means I run the star patter 3-times, with increasing torque
    Question 2 -In each Stage, they give a range. Where on this range do most settle, low or high?
    For example: Stage #3: 90 to 120

Question 3 - Are those Foot Pounds?

Tire Pressure -
    #6 - 80 PSI for each tire.
    This one seems pretty straight forward, but just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I'm missing.

Just info:
    ((#4 is the make/model of the Tire and Rims, per GD Parts))
    ((#5 is the sticker on the trailer, and I was hoping it would tell me Stage #3, but doesn't give much info.))

Thanks in Advance
    Grand Design 2021
    Imagine 2600RB
    Attached Files
    Grand Design-Imagine
    2021 (1st Edition) 2600RB

OK, I just gotta do it..... Question 3 - Are those Food Pounds?
    Many of us can relate
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
      OK, I just gotta do it..... Question 3 - Are those Food Pounds?
      Many of us can relate
      LOL -Yea, I caught that on the re-read... AFTER I posted it.
      I love the "edit" button!

BTW- I found my answer... Foot (or food) pounds.
      Attached Files
      Grand Design-Imagine

Comment

If all your doing is checking the torque on the lug nuts, not installing a tire, you can jump straight to the third level of torque. I personally torque my lug nuts to the maximum, a lot of others choose somewhere between the max and min.

I agree that you should be running 80psi
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
          If all your doing is checking the torque on the lug nuts, not installing a tire, you can jump straight to the third level of torque. I personally torque my lug nuts to the maximum, a lot of others choose somewhere between the max and min.

I agree that you should be running 80psi
          Thanks for the feedback!
          Much appreciated.
          Grand Design-Imagine

Comment

Originally posted by Chipster View Post

Thanks for the feedback!
            Much appreciated.
            Hi,
            I typically start at a low setting to center everything up. Tighten in a cross pattern at three different torque levels until you get to the spec. Since a range is given its typical to torque to the mid point but if you want to torque to the max spec. I see nothing wrong with that. However if your checking for tightness, I would check at the mid point to avoid over tightening since some will move past that point a bit when torquing. Torque tubes that are used in tire shops are horrible IMO.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

Hi,
              I typically start at a low setting to center everything up. Tighten in a cross pattern at three different torque levels until you get to the spec. Since a range is given its typical to torque to the mid point but if you want to torque to the max spec. I see nothing wrong with that. However if your checking for tightness, I would check at the mid point to avoid over tightening since some will move past that point a bit when torquing. Torque tubes that are used in tire shops are horrible IMO.

Jim
              Thank you for the feedback
              Grand Design-Imagine

Comment

Working...
              X