Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distance between wheel on Reflection

Hi,

can someone tell me what is the distance between the two wheels on a Reflection 28BH. I'm about to buy one and want to buy wheel stopper (the model that goes between the 2 wheels that are on sale for the boxing day.

There is two models available one from 1-1/2" to 3-1/2" and the other from 3-1/2" to 5-1/5".

Do I need only one of this or two, one on each side for more stability?

Thanks

Originally posted by Jdion View Post
    Hi,

can someone tell me what is the distance between the two wheels on a Reflection 28BH. I'm about to buy one and want to buy wheel stopper (the model that goes between the 2 wheels that are on sale for the boxing day.

There is two models available one from 1-1/2" to 3-1/2" and the other from 3-1/2" to 5-1/5".

Do I need only one of this or two, one on each side for more stability?

Thanks
    Do you mean X chocks, like this? If I've interpreted your request incorrectly, can you post a link to the product (or post a picture)?

Click image for larger version

Name:	x chocks.JPG
Views:	333
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	8013
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yes this is this kind of product, but not exactly the same.

Here is the link for the one I'm looking for: https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/gp/produc...A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

It does not have as much adjustement as the product you show but they are cheaper too.

Comment

Here is the link for the one I'm looking for: https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/gp/produc...A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

It does not have as much adjustment as the product you show but they are cheaper too.
        I had the yellow version. Learn from my experience and get the B&L's.

Why?

B&Ls hold much, much tighter. Yellow ones will be loose after the tires cool (thus shrink in diameter a bit). IMHO there's no comparison and I've owned both.

I have no association or connection with either company in any way, shape or form. I'm just an RV owner like yourself.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

thankf for the advise. And do you use two of these (one on each side) or only one is needed?

Comment

thankf for the advise. And do you use two of these (one on each side) or only one is needed?
            I use two.

Howard & Francine

Comment

If you looking for a stabilizing system, take a look at the Steadyfast. It working great for me
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Jdion

It depends on which kind of motion you are trying to reduce. Fore-Aft or Side-to-Side. We tried X-chocks and took them back to the store after realizing that they could only influence Fore-Aft motion which was not what we were trying to reduce. My experience is that if the tires are properly chocked, “X chocks” will do very little to further stabilize the trailer.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

It does not have as much adjustement as the product you show but they are cheaper too.
                  Those are the ones I use on the 303rls in large size. Been very happy with them.
                  Vivian
                  2018 Reflection 303rls
                  Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
                  Demco Recon

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                    Jdion

It depends on which kind of motion you are trying to reduce. Fore-Aft or Side-to-Side. We tried X-chocks and took them back to the store after realizing that they could only influence Fore-Aft motion which was not what we were trying to reduce. My experience is that if the tires are properly chocked, “X chocks” will do very little to further stabilize the trailer.

Rob
                    X2^^.

Rob
                    Rob & Laura
                    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
                    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
                    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
                    Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Working...
                    X