Spare tire on a 2021 Reflection 320MKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare tire on a 2021 Reflection 320MKS

In performing an inspection of my RV, I attempted to drop my spare tire (for the first time ever) in order to check its pressure. Although the system cranks easily, the tire never moves. Any thoughts?

Have you tried kicking the tire? Sometimes rubber components "weld" themselves to other components. I suggest you pull it back up then lower a few cranks and bum (kick) to see if it's just stuck.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

The winches have a tendency to get corroded. I would crank it back up carefully and try shooting some WD40 into the are where the cable enter the underbelly. Its also possible that the cable was wound poorly and its knotted itself up. You might try having someone gently crank it down while you try to manipulate the tire. Be careful if your under it in case it suddenly decides to let go.
      As much as I like having the spare out of the way I am not fond of this setup. The last thing I want to have to do if I have a flat is to lay on the road shoulder to pull my spare out from under the trailer. I keep ours in the bed of the truck while traveling. I use a cable lock on one of the tie down loops to keep it from walking away and secure it in case of an accident.
      2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

As a side note, check all of your manual slide cranks to make sure they work. My drivers side slide was not connected on my 320MKS. I had to drop the belly to re-attach it.
        Tim
        2020 Reflection 320MKS, Sidewinder Hitch
        2003 2500HD Silverado Duramax, Sumo springs, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Working...
        X