No announcement yet.

What is Your Rear's Measurement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it's been almost six months since this topic was last discussed. I finally got around to changing the height on the low side of my camper. Below you can see the before-and-after comparison.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Comparisons of height.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	97154

The task was NOT easy. I'll spare the gory details, but it was "only" eight bolts on each of the two street side independent suspensions that had to come out and then the "simple" height adjustment. It took two days of struggle, many a bump to the head, and I'm about out of skin from shimming around on the concrete now that it's done. To say I'm not happy with MORryde for not making this adjustment when the system was installed is an understatement. I'll be updating my MORryde install thread with this lesson-learned so others can avoid what I've gone through.

Oh ( Yoda will appreciate this ) I did get a new tool out of the process. A big 'ol 3 ton floor jack with high reach (24.5") that makes jacking up the camper much, much easier. The MORryde IS complicates jacking!

Though Jimmer hasn't logged in since June, I hope at some point he sees this at some point to receive the "thank you" for the video link and the knowledge that this adjustment was even possible.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      Oh ( Yoda will appreciate this ) I did get a new tool out of the process. A big 'ol 3 ton floor jack with high reach (24.5") that makes jacking up the camper much, much easier.
      So which "big 'ol 3 ton floor jack with high reach (24.5")" did you get my friend. Inquiring minds want to know.

And every time I see the title to this thread it reminds me of SNL - "the wide ends skits" That was back when SLN was worth watching
      Last edited by howson; 10-14-2022, 05:24 PM. Reason: Trimmed quote...
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
        So which "big 'ol 3 ton floor jack with high reach (24.5")" did you get...
        https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton-...een-64785.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	Big Green.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	97159

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
          Yes, it's been almost six months since this topic was last discussed. I finally got around to changing the height on the low side of my camper. Below you can see the before-and-after comparison.

The task was NOT easy. I'll spare the gory details, but it was "only" eight bolts on each of the two street side independent suspensions that had to come out and then the "simple" height adjustment. It took two days of struggle, many a bump to the head, and I'm about out of skin from shimming around on the concrete now that it's done. To say I'm not happy with MORryde for not making this adjustment when the system was installed is an understatement. I'll be updating my MORryde install thread with this lesson-learned so others can avoid what I've gone through.

Though Jimmer hasn't logged in since June, I hope at some point he sees this at some point to receive the "thank you" for the video link and the knowledge that this adjustment was even possible.

Howard
          After 6 months of abstinence from Grand Design forums, I'm back and looking through old posts.

howson , looking at your before after pictures in this this thread, it looks like you raised the street side up 2 1/4 inches, and the curb side over an inch. How did you do this, when on my MORryde indepedent suspension, I could only raise each side up about an inch? I raised the street side up an inch, that's it. No adjustment to the curb side. Did you do some type of metaphysical magic on yours? ;-)
          Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
          2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
          2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmer View Post

After 6 months of abstinence from Grand Design forums, I'm back and looking through old posts.

howson , looking at your before after pictures in this this thread, it looks like you raised the street side up 2 1/4 inches, and the curb side over an inch. How did you do this, when on my MORryde indepedent suspension, I could only raise each side up about an inch? I raised the street side up an inch, that's it. No adjustment to the curb side. Did you do some type of metaphysical magic on yours? ;-)
            Glad you're back!

No magic. I do not have any idea why there's such a difference.

What I do know is I'm not doing it again--what a royal pain. Anyone contemplating getting the IS should consult with MORRyde about this adjustment before installation so they do it if required.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Working...
            X