No announcement yet.

Lippert Anti-Lock (YouTube Commercial)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck ABS or sway intervention is an almost instantaneous thing. I can’t see how modulating the gain voltage to the 1950s technology electric drum trailer brakes is going to be fast enough to counter a trailer slide. The best thing to do in slippery conditions might be to disable the trailer brakes so that it is more likely to follow the TV path if the trailer tires are always rolling. It is a good idea to reduce trailer brake apply gain on slippery (even wet) roads.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
      Truck ABS or sway intervention is an almost instantaneous thing. I can’t see how modulating the gain voltage to the 1950s technology electric drum trailer brakes is going to be fast enough to counter a trailer slide. The best thing to do in slippery conditions might be to disable the trailer brakes so that it is more likely to follow the TV path if the trailer tires are always rolling. It is a good idea to reduce trailer brake apply gain on slippery (even wet) roads.

Rob
      For sway, the GM truck can individually modulate braking at each wheel to counter vehicle yaw in a sway condition. The TV may also apply the trailer brakes (globally) to attempt to straighten the rig out in severe sway conditions. The TV can also reduce torque for those that want to stay in the throttle or are old school and think they should speed up. I reduce my gains in the rain or on gravel.

I'll assume that Lippert will control anti-lock at each individual wheel. If its a global gain reduction I would not want such a system as well.

Jim

Comment

Working...
      X