No announcement yet.

Lippert Anti-Lock (YouTube Commercial)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lippert Anti-Lock (YouTube Commercial)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcTUd9Fjy84

The woman with the backwards cap in the video I believe is the instructor that went by "T" in the earlier Lippert Technical Institute courses. Looks like she's moving up in the organization.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

howson

I'm behind the proverbial 8-ball on this gizmo. Do you know if it can be installed after-market?

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
      Do you know if it can be installed after-market?
      I don't know, Jim. Interesting question.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have towed every one of our trailers in winter conditions on snow and ice covered roads, I never had a time where I thought ABS on the trailer was necessary. I did turn down the gain on the brake controller though.
        I worked in a field where we were a 24/7 365 operation and the trucks had to roll no matter what the conditions. You havent really experienced a pucker factor until youve had a 40k truck in a 30 degree yaw slide
        2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

It would be more informative if LCI offered details on how their ABS works . . . rather than just claiming that it does.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Agreed, the devil is always in the details. I have not had good luck with Lippert items in the past so I am skeptical of this one as well.
            2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
              howson

I'm behind the proverbial 8-ball on this gizmo. Do you know if it can be installed after-market?

Jim
              Jim,

I'm certain it could if Lippert would sell it. A controller, a backing plate with hall sensor for wheel speed (or however they mount the sensor) and rewiring would be necessary. There would be no feedback control to the TV so this system is certainly self contained. The hang up could be the controller which may be specific to the rig.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                It would be more informative if LCI offered details on how their ABS works . . . rather than just claiming that it does.

Rob
                They just put grease on the brakes.....they beta tested on trailers a few years ago.... ....lol
                2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                2021 303RLS
                Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post

They just put grease on the brakes.....they beta tested on trailers a few years ago.... ....lol
                  LOL! That does stop the brakes from locking up . . . bin-ther-dun-that.

Rob

Cate & Rob
                  2015 Reflection 303RLS
                  Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

What happens if TV mfg stability control is already using brake modulation on the trailer brakes to control the skidding? Does the LCI system detect this and disable itself?
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                      What happens if TV mfg stability control is already using brake modulation on the trailer brakes to control the skidding? Does the LCI system detect this and disable itself?
                      Interesting thought...two "vehicles braking independently...but connected together...Hmmmmmm

Edit...my TV brakes have no idea what the trailer brakes are doing..completely separate.
                      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                      2021 303RLS
                      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Jlawles2 ABS is a feedback system. Without a means for the TV to know about one or more trailer tires slowing faster than the other trailer tires or the TV tires, there would be no way for the TV to modulate the trailer braking. I suppose it would be possible (maybe even a good idea) for the TV to significantly reduce trailer brake gain if the TV is into ABS itself.

Rob
                        Cate & Rob
                        2015 Reflection 303RLS
                        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

GM can modulate the trailer brakes in sway conditions but to Robs point cannot modulate based on wheel lock.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
                            GM can modulate the trailer brakes in sway conditions but to Robs point cannot modulate based on wheel lock.

Jim
                            This is what I was thinking some of the new trucks were doing.
                            Joseph
                            Tow
                            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post

This is what I was thinking some of the new trucks were doing.
                              I believe if the road was slippery enough to need anti lock, sway would have already wrecked everything since there would be minimal yaw measured by the TV. So I do not think its an issue. Can the sway feature be canceled? I honestly have not looked into it in my settings.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X