Front spring Wet Bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front spring Wet Bolts

I was doing a pre travel inspection. We recently purchased a new to us 2017 Reflection 307MKZ . With the unit came a dealer invoice that showed they performed full grease job.

While I was checking the spring set up I found both front spring mounting wet bolts were dry and would not accept grease.

They do now. I had to replace the both bolts and nuts.

I tried to post the pics of the removal and install, but I have to shrink them. Maybe later.

It just goes to show you, that you can't always trust.

Bob

​​​​​​​
    Bob & Jan Norwood Ontario
    2017 GD Reflection 307MKS
    2020 Ford F250 SD

Ogre

Did you look at the bushings by any chance? If not, next time you're doing an inspection I highly recommend taking a peak. Cate&Rob has extensive documentation in multiple threads on the topic. One example here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...e-bushing-wear

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Did you note the location of the grease holes? It's a known issue if not installed correctly that the weight of the trailer will prevent grease from being injected.

Somoene may have thought that they greased it, but it simply did not take.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

My 337 requires some weight to be taken off of the springs before a few of them will take grease. I have slung enough grease on trucks over the years to know that if a fitting wont take grease theres very little doubt that it didnt, its easy to tell what did or didnt take grease.
        2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
        X