Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Propane compartment be sealed from the front (battery/generator) compartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swmurray
    replied
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. I will seal it up.

Leave a comment:

• Cate&Rob
    replied
    Originally posted by steve&renee View Post

You realize the gdrvowners spell-checker lights up every time you post, don't you?

-Steve

(just kidding. . .)
    Lol! My devices are set to “Canadian”. They auto correct vapor to vapour even when I try to speak American.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• steve&renee
    replied
    Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

vapour

Rob

You realize the gdrvowners spell-checker lights up every time you post, don't you?

-Steve

(just kidding. . .)

Leave a comment:

• Cate&Rob
    replied
    swmurray
    Hi Steve,

You are correct that a compartment containing propane should be isolated from all other spaces and vented to the outside. I would agree with plugging this hole . . . but, it looks to be very high in the propane compartment and propane is heavier than air. With the bottom of the compartment being open to the outside, it would be very unlikely that propane vapour could ever reach that hole.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• Yoda
    replied
    Steve - welcome to the form. Yes I believe they should be. They are on my unit (no holes either). If you measure the hole diameter you should be able to get a rubber plug from any auto store, or tape it over as Howard suggest. Years ago I picked up a box or assorted rubber plugs from Harbor Freight. Handy to have.

Leave a comment:

• howson
    replied
    Originally posted by swmurray View Post
    Hi: I have a new 310GK-R. When looking over the unit I noticed an unsealed (open) circular hole between the left propane compartment and the front storage compartment where the batteries and the generator prep housing is located. The matching hole on the right side is foam sealed with an electrical able passing through.

Photo shows hole with a USB cable passed through to highlight hole. Looking at the inside of the front compartment towards the left propane compartment.

Should this hole be sealed for propane safety?

Thanks!

Steve
    I can't speak to the safety aspect, but why not just cover it with a piece of gorilla tape?

Maybe a goofy idea...but what about a furniture plug? Not sure of the diameter, but something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	jplug.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	13125

Leave a comment:

• Should Propane compartment be sealed from the front (battery/generator) compartment

Hi: I have a new 310GK-R. When looking over the unit I noticed an unsealed (open) circular hole between the left propane compartment and the front storage compartment where the batteries and the generator prep housing is located. The matching hole on the right side is foam sealed with an electrical able passing through.

Photo shows hole with a USB cable passed through to highlight hole. Looking at the inside of the front compartment towards the left propane compartment.

Should this hole be sealed for propane safety?

Thanks!

Steve
Working...
X