No announcement yet.

Crimped Gas Line Under Slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An update .. I buddy taped it to the power line where it was completely crimped which fixed the problem till I can do other mods to it as the above are suggesting . Not quit sure how the designer thought that this would work consistently on a movable piece of equipment . I guess we have a use for the lost Slinky so all is not lost..
    The line in the covering is ok however I found a nick in the power cable. Will attach pics of buddy tape and nick in power line.
    This coach is brand new from one month ago and slide out has maybe been in and out 20 times.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rolltide2524; 03-20-2020, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

I have shared this with our Transcend team. Thanks!
      Please make sure you share the pics in post #16 as well. Really disturbing.
      2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
      Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
      2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
      18k B&W Companion, non-slider
      640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
      Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
      Somerset, WI

Comment

Originally posted by Rolltide2524 View Post
        An update .. I buddy taped it to the power line where it was completely crimped which fixed the problem till I can do other mods to it as the above are suggesting . Not quit sure how the designer thought that this would work consistently on a movable piece of equipment . I guess we have a use for the lost Slinky so all is not lost..
        The line in the covering is ok however I found a nick in the power cable. Will attach pics of buddy tape and nick in power line.
        This coach is brand new from one month ago and slide out has maybe been in and out 20 times.
        Thanks for sharing. We have these units coming online next week so we will be sure to address this to be sure it is not a consistent issue. Thanks!

Comment

Rolltide2524 can you also send me your VIN? Thanks!

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	E8788F4D-1927-4FC6-B501-9C03CE32EA11.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	66.2 KB ID:	14979 Was purchased in February and have only had it on two trips so far with lots to come. If y’all have any expert guidance before I start my on modifying let me know..
            I’ve emailed service at the dealer his concern was mainly with the nick in the power cord. He did ask if I thought the power cable needed to be replaced. I’ll address this shortly with them.
            The service manager said that the ideas about taping and using a PEX angle to keep cables from linking should work as well.
            For now things are working I will slide it in and out a few more times to make sure before I go through major modifications.
            Thanks all above for your tips.
            I’ll keep ya posted.
            Sorry for bad pic. 573TT3321L8807645

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	E8788F4D-1927-4FC6-B501-9C03CE32EA11.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	66.2 KB ID:	14979 Was purchased in February and have only had it on two trips so far with lots to come. If y’all have any expert guidance before I start my on modifying let me know..
              I’ve emailed service at the dealer his concern was mainly with the nick in the power cord. He did ask if I thought the power cable needed to be replaced. I’ll address this shortly with them.
              The service manager said that the ideas about taping and using a PEX angle to keep cables from linking should work as well.
              For now things are working I will slide it in and out a few more times to make sure before I go through major modifications.
              Thanks all above for your tips.
              I’ll keep ya posted.
              Sorry for bad pic. 573TT3321L8807645
              GDRV-Megan -- see VIN in previous post.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Ok an update to the issue with line..
                It seems that in the routing of lines they routed the conduit line between the gas and power line causing the two to separate and fold over. I disconnected the gas line and kept it in line with the power and buddy taped them in the bending areas. Then zip tied them in multiple areas. This seems to have solved the problem..
                Now in dealing with this found another design issue and why the power line had been cut.
                When the slide is in the lines bunch up are pressed against the support piece. Will include pics. I padded this and will monitor for further damage from bouncing up and down on the support piece.

Just as an extra piece to build confidence in there construction I found this wonderful piece of American craftsmanship. Notice the wonderful angles of the screws in the support piece.
                Thank you for your help and guidance in this issue .
                Attached Files

Comment

Ok an update to the issue with line..
                  It seems that in the routing of lines they routed the conduit line between the gas and power line causing the two to separate and fold over. I disconnected the gas line and kept it in line with the power and buddy taped them in the bending areas. Then zip tied them in multiple areas. This seems to have solved the problem..
                  Now in dealing with this found another design issue and why the power line had been cut.
                  When the slide is in the lines bunch up are pressed against the support piece. Will include pics. I padded this and will monitor for further damage from bouncing up and down on the support piece.

Just as an extra piece to build confidence in there construction I found this wonderful piece of American craftsmanship. Notice the wonderful angles of the screws in the support piece.
                  Thank you for your help and guidance in this issue .
                  Thanks for the update! I have also provided these to production. I was hoping to have more information regarding this, but due to our production line being suspended, I wasn't able to gather much info.

Comment

Working...
                  X