Propane Leak Detector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane Leak Detector

We had the recall work done for our 2020 Imagine 2450RL by the dealer for regulator replacement. Now the propane leak detector beeps every couple of minutes non stop. It has done this since October 2021 and all winter while stored. What is the possible issue?

Originally posted by cin1965 View Post
    We had the recall work done for our 2020 Imagine 2450RL by the dealer for regulator replacement. Now the propane leak detector beeps every couple of minutes non stop. It has done this since October 2021 and all winter while stored. What is the possible issue?
    That's one persistent alarm to run for so long!

The two-stage propane regulator (the subject of the recall) is on the outside of the camper just aft of the propane bottles. If the information I have is accurate, the LP Detector is inside the unit, nearly dead center (bottom of the hutch?). My initial reaction is the maintenance on the regulator and the propane detector going off are separate issues, though it is certainly understandable why one could believe otherwise.

Regardless, finding the root cause of the alarm is imperative. Do you smell any propane inside the unit? (DO NOT turn on or engage any switch or electrical device if you smell propane--don't even close a latch or otherwise do anything that could cause a spark.)

Are the propane bottle valves turned off or were they left on? If they are on turn them off. (I assume this is something you know how to do--since you're new here I'm not sure how much you know about your RV.)

There's a lot of possibilities. If you have any doubts whatsoever, call a professional to diagnose the problem. Propane is generally a very safe power source, but when something goes wrong it can go really wrong.

On a separate note, since that was your first post please take a moment to check out the Welcome Letter to New Members--it should help orient you to this forum. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

A low battery can cause that. There may be a list of light or beep codes on the front of the detector.
      John & Kathy
      2014 Reflection 303RLS
      2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

On our BP, the gas alarm would beep for several minutes after re applying power to the circuit. Have you tried to disconnect the battery with shore power disconnected and re apply? Are you storing the unit with shore power, or do you disconnect the battery?
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X