Coleman Road-trip 285 help connecting to RV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coleman Road-trip 285 help connecting to RV

Hello. I’m looking for help connecting my Coleman Road-trip 285 grill to the low pressure propane connection on my RV. I understand the regulator on the Coleman has to be removed and it’s a odd connection. Some of the other Coleman’s have mod kits but don’t think this one does. Can someone who has this grill talk me through what I need to buy along with the quick connect propane hose? Specifically, the parts and sizes needed once the regulator is removed to make the stove side connection. Thanks in advance.
    2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 295RL
    US Army RET

Skidlm I have had issues trying to connect a grill to the provided port on previous RVs. It seems the regulator of the RV plus the bbq regulator in tandem restricts the gas flow to a point where the grill would only get to about 300 degrees. Instead of modifying the grill, I hooked an extension hose directly to one of the gas cylinders, via a T connection. This way, you could use the grill with any propane source. If you take the regulator off, it will only be safe hooked to the low pressure port of an RV. I don't think Coleman would support a mod like this for liability reasons. There are, however, grills designed to be used this way. Maybe check with a propane distributor?
    Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
    2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
    2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
    Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Originally posted by Skidlm View Post
      Hello. I’m looking for help connecting my Coleman Road-trip 285 grill to the low pressure propane connection on my RV. I understand the regulator on the Coleman has to be removed and it’s a odd connection. Some of the other Coleman’s have mod kits but don’t think this one does. Can someone who has this grill talk me through what I need to buy along with the quick connect propane hose? Specifically, the parts and sizes needed once the regulator is removed to make the stove side connection. Thanks in advance.
      Can't help with specifics, but this thread, https://gdrvowners.com/forum/propane...grill-question , has a lot of aftermarket adapter source options listed throughout to consider consulting.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks. I may have to go the T connection route DarnDave. I understand there are mod kits for some of the other Coleman grills but maybe not this one. Coleman makes the regulator connection a weird size; they want you to use their 1 lb bottles. Taking it apart is a hassle and finding a connector near impossible. The T connection is a solution but really hoped to use the low pressure connection port.
        2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
        2022 Grand Design Reflection 295RL
        US Army RET

Comment

Working...
        X