Solar Disconnect for factory 300W Solitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajg617 View Post
    No joy from Grand Design on what panel is installed so I'll need a scope camera to snap a picture of the label to really be sure. However, the Vmax is up to 39.9 on the FS app which would be about 7.5V higher than the JPP-300 max spec.
    I had the factory solar on my 2021 Momentum 21G taht came with the Jaboni 300W panel, Jaboni 30 amp MPPT, Magnum 1000W inverter, and Magnum ATS. The 300W Jaboni panel does not have a sticker on the back side that you are looking for.

When doing my solar I think I remember 39.66V for the panel. (I remember this because I was trying to find cheaper alternatives that had the same voltage).

Below are pictures of the backside and top of my panel after I removed from our trailer.

As Howard wrote, if you just have the 1 panel and use the Blue Seas switch (72V), you should be good. If you had 2 of those panels in series, I would be worried

Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jaboni 300W Panel Bottom.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	110258

Name:	Jaboni 300W Panel top.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	110259
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post

I had the factory solar on my 2021 Momentum 21G taht came with the Jaboni 300W panel, Jaboni 30 amp MPPT, Magnum 1000W inverter, and Magnum ATS. The 300W Jaboni panel does not have a sticker on the back side that you are looking for.

When doing my solar I think I remember 39.66V for the panel. (I remember this because I was trying to find cheaper alternatives that had the same voltage).

Below are pictures of the backside and top of my panel after I removed from our trailer.

As Howard wrote, if you just have the 1 panel and use the Blue Seas switch (72V), you should be good. If you had 2 of those panels in series, I would be worried

Hope this helps.
      Thank you. Got up on a ladder and there is or was a large sticker on the underside - unfortunately the worse for all the rain we drove through last year. Unreadable but very similar lower half to the one Howard posted. That said, there was a bar code on the border on top of the panel which matches the serial number on the build sheet. So, very likely I have the Jaboni JPP-300 but I now have a question of why the Vmax exceeds that posted in the manual and have a call into Future Solutions. Pic of what's left of sticker below.

Name:	sticker.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	110263
      Last edited by ajg617; 04-13-2023, 01:31 PM.
      2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
      2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin

Comment

Originally posted by ajg617 View Post
        Been reading through posts on solar disconnect and that is something I should add. The factory wiring was direct from the panel to the Jaboni with a 30amp fuse in-line between the Jaboni and the batteries. I re-cabled and added a BlueSea and buss bars which cuts the LiFePO4s completely but it doesn't stop the panel from pushing electricity into the Jaboni. I asked Jaboni about a disconnect and the answer I received was put a disconnect between the MPPT and the batteries. I essentially have that with the BlueSea but no way of controlling solar input independently. Initially I had intended to pull the batteries for the winter (didn't work out due to rig being at dealership) so my question was if the panel is still producing into the MPPT, could either the panel or controller be damaged?
        Thanks,
        John
        When I installed my 400W setup I used this, 30 AMP Audio Circuit Breaker,12V-48V DC Fuse Holder,30-300A Breaker Switch, Inline Circuit Breaker with Reset Button, between the panels and the charge controller just so I could disconnect the panels when traveling to and from and also when I end up in an RV park with FHU.

2019 28G Momentum TT

Comment

Working...
        X