Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything I need to know before I change my battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what we have seen here regarding switching back to lead acid on the solar charge controllers is when the solar array loses power, night time with no sunshine, this is when most of the solar controllers revert back to lead acid.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      From what we have seen here regarding switching back to lead acid on the solar charge controllers is when the solar array loses power, night time with no sunshine, this is when most of the solar controllers revert back to lead acid.

Brian
      I've come to realize that this must be the case... Although the first day after making the switch the controller flipped back to sealed a few times even though the panels were bringing in power. It now seems to flip when there's no power coming to the charge controller.

Is this a problem? I can't go to my RV everyday when I'm not using it. Should I put the lead acid back in until I replace the controller?
      2022 GD Transcend BH261

Ram 1500 pulling it

Comment

Originally posted by Hortstu View Post
        I've come to realize that this must be the case... Although the first day after making the switch the controller flipped back to sealed a few times even though the panels were bringing in power. It now seems to flip when there's no power coming to the charge controller.

Is this a problem? I can't go to my RV everyday when I'm not using it. Should I put the lead acid back in until I replace the controller?
        I do not think that leaving the lithium on the charger will hurt it, it will not reach full charge though.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
        X