No announcement yet.

Clicking noise associated with solar intensity in fwd eq bay of 310GK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue resolved (for my unit anyway). GD customer service rep called me this morning and will be sending me a 50 amp breaker.
    Mike & Shirley
    2023 Solitude 310GK
    Formerly 2021 Reflection 32MKS
    2021 F250 King Ranch w/ High Capacity Tow Package and Firestone Air Bags
    Anderson Hitch

Comment

GD customer service called me this morning and they will now send me a 50 amp breaker. I guess she got a response from production that they are wiring Jaboni 50 amp solar controllers with 6 AWG wire between the controller and the batteries. No explanation as to why they omitted the required 50 amp breaker. I don't know if my issue was a "one off" but anyone who buys a Solitude 310GK with a 50 amp solar controller should check your solar wiring and make sure it is 6 AWG between the controller and battery and it is properly protected with a 50 amp breaker. I asked numerous times that they check to make sure this wasn't a fleet issue but never got any response/acknowledgement for this question.
      I was pretty disappointed with the quality of the customer support. I provided detailed photos of my wiring and real time data from the controller showing that the 30 amp breaker they were insisting I install would have failed but they refused to believe me until they were updated/corrected by their production folks. Maybe I expect too much that I be treated with just a little respect as a customer for their >$100K product with a serious factory omission of a safety component. It's the quality of after the sales service that ensures repeat buyers and with a product that most people keep for just a few years repeat buyers are essential to the continued health of the business.
      Mike & Shirley
      2023 Solitude 310GK
      Formerly 2021 Reflection 32MKS
      2021 F250 King Ranch w/ High Capacity Tow Package and Firestone Air Bags
      Anderson Hitch

Comment

I'm glad you were able to get it satisfactorily resolved even though you had to take your spin on the hamster wheel first.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
        X