Federal solar tax credits.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal solar tax credits.

I have been reading on the internet that the Federal 30% tax credit for solar energy can me used for RVs, so long as they are occupied at least 14 days per year. Has anyone taken advantage of this? I was surprised to find no discussion of it, but maybe I am just bad at searching.
    2022 Reflection 280RS
    2022 Silverado 2500 Duramax

What I learned from the solar tax credit was it can only be applied if you owe taxes, that is why it is called a "credit". I did look into this when I did our system and it can be applied to RVs, I could not use it.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Yes, I used it when I installed solar on my Reflection in 2019.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

That's nice to know and consider. At least this year we will have a better understanding with our taxes since we aren't buying, selling, or having rental properties so it may be more realistic now.
        SWMBO asked the question "Honey, how much does solar cost?" The answer was "how comfortable do you want to be".
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
          "Honey, how much does solar cost?" The answer was "how comfortable do you want to be".
          And if we could only figure out a way to make a solar powered propane creation machine.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
          X