Solar and Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar and Lights

Hi! We just purchased a 2023 Imagine AIM 15bh 4 days ago. I had a question in regard to the solar panel. I currently do not have an electrical hookup at my house and was in the camper messing around under solar power and I noticed that not all the lights came on when I hit the switch. Basically, the front door/mud area, the entire bathroom (including exhaust fan) and the bed section (all lights and exhaust fan). All the other lights and fridge came on. Is it that the half of the RV doesn't come on so as to conserve energy? Or do I immediately have an issue? I know I can call the dealer, but I wanted to check here first. Appreciate any help.
    2023 Imagine AIM 15bh

Do you have the battery disconnect switch turned off or is in on, confusing on which is which but in the off position there are items that will not work.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

When you say "messing around under solar power", it's a little confusing. Is your battery connected, and is the disconnect switch turned to the "on" position? Solar power's primary function is to keep the battery charged.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by CoriH View Post
        Hi! We just purchased a 2023 Imagine AIM 15bh 4 days ago. I had a question in regard to the solar panel. I currently do not have an electrical hookup at my house and was in the camper messing around under solar power and I noticed that not all the lights came on when I hit the switch.
        First--it is much easier to understand solar in context of your trailer if you'll accept that all solar does is charge the battery. Period. When not hooked to shore power all the 12vDC items in your camper run off the battery. It is certainly possible to drain the battery even in the middle of day when there's plenty of sunshine if the demand on the battery exceeds the ability of the solar panel to recharge it.

Basically, the front door/mud area, the entire bathroom (including exhaust fan) and the bed section (all lights and exhaust fan). All the other lights and fridge came on. Is it that the half of the RV doesn't come on so as to conserve energy?
        No, there's nothing in the camper to conserve battery power (called "load shedding"). All the lights, fans, and even the furnace can be turned on simultaneously.

Or do I immediately have an issue? I know I can call the dealer, but I wanted to check here first. Appreciate any help.
        I suspect a fuse is blown in the Power Distribution Panel (PDP). Specifically fuse 4, a 15A for the "Bath Lights" circuit. There may even be a lit LED signifying the fuse is blown on the board where all the fuses are inserted. The PDP is likely at the base of the ward/pantry cabinet.

Do you have a multimeter? Have you ever checked a fuse for continuity?

CAUTION -- if you find the fuse blown and replace it with another 15A fuse and everything works...great. If the fuse blows again I strongly suggest calling the dealer ASAP and discontinue use of that electrical circuit until the problem is found and fixed. (There's a short somewhere in that circuit if the fuse blows again.)

Howard

P.S. I now see TucsonJim addressed the solar issue while I was typing / researching!
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

@TusconJim I apologize. I meant that I was just using the battery I misspoke or mistyped when I said under solar power. Country Campers the Battery Switch is on and howson I checked the fuse labeled for the lights and it was fine. It was all working when we got the tour and they were showing us everything and how to use it but at that time it was under shore power.
          2023 Imagine AIM 15bh

Comment

Working...
          X