2024 22 XLS RBE Solar panel not connected to MPPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 22 XLS RBE Solar panel not connected to MPPT

Hi All, This my first RV so I'm not certain about many things, though I'm learning. I have installed two large off grid solar systems in cabins so I am pretty versed in how it works. My question is in regard to the factory install. The battery is connected to the MPPT and it is grounded however the supplied 165W solar panel is not connected to the MPPT. Before I go digging around behind panels in the pass through does anyone know the most likely place they would have dangled it? I read in another post by TucsonJim that he found two positive and negative cables connected to his battery. Out of curiosity I checked mine and it is the same. I disconnected the panel and battery via switch and disconnected the wires from the battery. Both showed zero VDC. I turned the solar disconnect back on and it showed 6.7 VDC at the wire terminals, mid day, clear sky. Curious that it is exactly half the voltage the battery showed. After switching the solar back off I traced the two positive cables connecting to the battery under the frame and they all connected to a terminal block, picture attached. I've left the one set of cables that show 6.7 VDC via solar disconnected from the battery just in case. I've had the unit for 2 days now after getting most of the PID warranty work done. Any thoughts?
    Jack & Tracie
    '24, 22RBE, 2019 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, FX4, 3.0 Diesel.
    South Central Texas

The wires from the panel may be behind the water panel in the pass thru. I think there is a removable panel where the wires may be. When you find them make sure they are polarity correct before attaching.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Well, I removed the panel that said Inverter Prep and looked behind the water panel. I then removed the panel across from the water panel where the wires come in. Nada.
      I also could not find the loop for the inverter prep which to my understanding from YouTube is orange for 30 ampacity. Regardless of the color no loop. Attached are 3 pictures. One shows the nest of wires behind the water panel. There are two red lines connected to the solar disconnect so I assume two positives. In the other picture showing the corner there is no solar coming down, just low voltage. You can also see the MPPT has the battery connected but no solar connected. I've tried the GDRV website. No manuals, instructions or otherwise for the Solar or Inverter prep.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Jack2of3; 02-19-2024, 02:22 PM. Reason: adding pics
      Jack & Tracie
      South Central Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jack2of3 View Post
        Well, I removed the panel that said Inverter Prep and looked behind the water panel. I then removed the panel across from the water panel where the wires come in. Nada.
        I also could not find the loop for the inverter prep which to my understanding from YouTube is orange for 30 ampacity. Regardless of the color no loop. Attached are 3 pictures. One shows the nest of wires behind the water panel. There are two red lines connected to the solar disconnect so I assume two positives. In the other picture showing the corner there is no solar coming down, just low voltage. You can also see the MPPT has the battery connected but no solar connected. I've tried the GDRV website. No manuals, instructions or otherwise for the Solar or Inverter prep.
        Have you seen Speakeasy's thread? Perhaps your inverter prep is similar to what he found. The thread is here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...rep-2024-23lde

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Sure would be nice if GD would put items where they should be and hook up wires that need to be hooked up, instead of sending owners on wild goose chase.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I called Owen also. Inverter prep under the bed under a box. You'd think someone would place the sticker there.
            Jack & Tracie
            South Central Texas

Comment

Jack, on my 23LDE, the red/black wires on the solar controller are from the solar panel. Looks like yours may be as well. There is no solar input disconnect from the factory on mine, something I’m addressing on my power upgrade.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	101
Size:	833.0 KB
ID:	129505
              Bill and Deb
              2024 Imagine XLS 23LDE
              Retired & Ramblin’

Comment

Working...
              X