Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Controller Bluetooth Issue

Greetings all,

I'm having some difficulty with my new rig. I have been trying to learn all the systems (first time RV owner as of 4 weeks ago). I have a 2024 Transcend 260 RB with the Furrion 40 amp solar controller and Furrion 180 watt panel. The manual says that I have to download the app for "Furrion Solar" from the app store to access the controller settings. I did this, but I can't get my Iphone 14 to connect with the app. In fact, my bluetooth settings don't show the Furrion Solar controller at all. I called Lippert today. They had me try several things, including disconnecting ALL power from the controller for a hard reset. I did everything, but still no bluetooth connectivity. Lippert sent a from via email that i need to fill out and return to them. Obviously, being that the rig is only 4 weeks old and has not yet been used, I am just a tad upset. The controller is definitely getting power, because I can see different readings scrolling on the screen. I am open for suggestions on how to get the controller to launch bluetooth.

P.S. I am trying to get into the settings to prepare for adding a LiTime 230 AH LIFEPO4 battery. The POS battery the dealer gave me is only a LA 50 AH.

Ron
    Ron & Barb Baustert
    Apollo PA
    2024 Transcend 260 RB

Originally posted by RBaustert View Post
    Greetings all,

I'm having some difficulty with my new rig. I have been trying to learn all the systems (first time RV owner as of 4 weeks ago). I have a 2024 Transcend 260 RB with the Furrion 40 amp solar controller and Furrion 180 watt panel. The manual says that I have to download the app for "Furrion Solar" from the app store to access the controller settings. I did this, but I can't get my Iphone 14 to connect with the app. In fact, my bluetooth settings don't show the Furrion Solar controller at all. I called Lippert today. They had me try several things, including disconnecting ALL power from the controller for a hard reset. I did everything, but still no bluetooth connectivity. Lippert sent a from via email that i need to fill out and return to them. Obviously, being that the rig is only 4 weeks old and has not yet been used, I am just a tad upset. The controller is definitely getting power, because I can see different readings scrolling on the screen. I am open for suggestions on how to get the controller to launch bluetooth.

P.S. I am trying to get into the settings to prepare for adding a LiTime 230 AH LIFEPO4 battery. The POS battery the dealer gave me is only a LA 50 AH.

Ron
    Ron,
    Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it? If you do, what I recommend is checking if the controller is wired correctly. In other words, that the BATT side is truly connected to the battery wiring and the PV side is connected to the panel. Trust me -- if you find it wrong it would not be the first time this has occurred. The BATT side should read the same as the battery voltage level, and the PV side of the controller will be much higher but highly dependent on the amount of sunlight hitting the panel.

Second thing I'd try is connecting to the controller using an Android phone. If it still won't connect, then it's a high likelihood the controller is the culprit. If the Android connects, the iPhone app (or phone?) is likely the cause.

Please follow up with what you find. The power of an owners forum is the sharing of our experiences.

Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yes, I have a multi-meter. I'm pretty electrical savvy to the point of rewiring my entire home. I verified the correct connections both before I removed the wires for the hard reset, and after I re-attached them. I also checked the power input and output. Both are showing acceptable readings, anywhere between 13 -22 volts at different times of the day. I will give the Android thing a try if I can find someone with Android. We're all Iphone users.

I am still waiting for Lippert to return a reply after I responded with all the requested information.

As a side note, I just installed a LiTime 230 AH battery in the pass through yesterday (not yet connected to anything). LiTime 3000 watt inverter coming tomorrow, so definitely want to get this resolved soon. Hopefully, they will make this easy and replace it ASAP. The local dealer gave me a 50 AH SLA battery which isn't worth crap......
      Ron & Barb Baustert
      Apollo PA
      2024 Transcend 260 RB

Comment

I feel like there was a series of the controllers that had this issue a ways back. I can’t recall if it was this specific controller but the Bluetooth radio did not work in them. The solution was replacing the controller. Hopefully Lippert gets back to you with an answer.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Well....I just received an email from Lippert. They are authorizing a replacement. Called by local dealer and they seam a tad confused on what the next step is. They cannot get the trailer into the shop until May, so i asked them to order the part and I will install it. The young lady wasn't sure that was permitted, but after I told her that Lippert had me completely unwire and rewire the unit, I think she understands that I can do it. Now waiting for a call back with final word.
          Ron & Barb Baustert
          Apollo PA
          2024 Transcend 260 RB

Comment

Working...
          X